“Pika is a delightful restaurant!”
Review of PIKA Restaurant - CLOSED

PIKA Restaurant
Price range: US$11 - US$35
Cuisines: Latin, International
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 26 February 2014

This was our second visit to the Dorado area and our second visit to Pika. Since our last visit, the owners, who prepared our food personally for us, have doubled the size of their establishment.
Pika is a delightful place to go to settle in for some great Puerto Rican fare. Since it is so close to the Hacienda Del Mar, it is an easy place to walk to and a great place to go to for hors d' oeuvres on arrival day. The menu includes salads, fish, pasta, steaks and, of course, mofongo. I had the Pika Fritos and my wife had the cold cuts platter. The bar tender found a wonderful bottle of wine for my wife and I indulged in the local beer (Medalla).
Good food and good prices make Pika worth going to.

1  Thank MikeWiggins

Reviewed 22 February 2014

Staff was friendly and attentive. I had the Mahi-Mahi fillet and it was on the bland edge. However my friends had Chicken Mofongo and the featured dish on another review (Chicken Roulade with Arroz Mamposteado?) and they said it was very good.

Reviewed 19 February 2014

The food was really good but (and this is a good thing) overshadowed by the entertainment and the cast of characters at the place. Random customers were getting up to sing with the duo and a few were exceptionally talented. That aside the food is worth going back for!

Reviewed 19 February 2014

This is the only place we could have walked to for dinner from the Hyatt. The staff seated us promptly and were always on hand to assist with the menu or any other questions. The margarita was terrific! We tried several different local dishes and enjoyed all. We had so much left over we had lunch the next day! There was only one other party in the restaurant which left the atmosphere a bit dull.

Reviewed 11 February 2014

This is a family owned restaurant. On weekends they have music so come and eat and sing along with the locals. Best mofongo on the island. Fried cheesecake is out of this world, I come every year that I'm here, I wouldn't miss it.

1  Thank carolinagirl50