“Wow!”

65 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 58 helpful votes
“Wow!”
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Absolutely AWESOME! This was a highlight of our trip to Puerto Rico. I highly recommend it. The reef is teeming with all sorts of marine life. I saw too many fish to list: 3 or 4 types of grouper, schools of tangs of various sizes and colors, wrasses, angel fish, squid, barracuda... Huge conch, sponges, coral of all shapes and colors. So much more.

I'd like to make special mention of the fact that one of the members of our party was a non-swimmer. The captain and crew were so knowledgeable and friendly, and provided such patient and supportive service, that by the end of the trip she was confident enough to actually snorkel the reef. I think that's pretty amazing.

1 Thank ofglass

Jackson, Wyoming
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Excellent snorkeling trip.”
Reviewed 20 April 2012

The snorkeling through the reefs off Caja de Los Muertos was great fun for our family. The coral is alive and vibrant. I've never seen such wonderful specimens of large brain coral! David and Lynn are very knowledgeable, welcoming hosts and their crew is wonderful. The tour we were on had a young boy who had never snorkeled and the guides were just fabulous with him and really made his experience. It was great to see. Be sure to swim to the island after your snorkel and go to the little museum. I would definitely recommend this to anyone who wants to get out and "do" something fun while visiting the South side of Puerto Rico.

Boulder, Colorado
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Ponce area - Fantastic Snorkeling with terrific guides”
Reviewed 12 April 2012

I recently took my kids (and their uncle) on a snorkeling trip out of Ponce with Caribbean Images Tours. We had an amazing experience and would recommend this outing to anyone who loves to see amazing creatures and coral. Our boat trip to the reef left La Gauncha boardwalk area and took us 1 hour to an amazing reef. We snorkeled for close to 1 1/2 hours exploring the reef up close. Our guides Juan and Jorge were terrific - keeping us safe from fire coral, showing us sea life up close and having us touch things safely. Our Captain, David, also was in the water showing us things and keeping an eye on the kids. My 8 year old was very nervous to snorkel (a great swimmer but new to snorkeling). They handled it so well. They stepped her through never giving her the option to sit on the boat but rather boosting her confidence to know she will be alright in the water. And 2 minutes in, she was off and comfortable pointing out many fish to me. We also stopped near a small beach and some chose to swim in to land. We stayed on the boat and had snacks and practiced our Spanish with the guides. We sighted a manatee not too far from the boat and the guides took whoever wanted out to get closer. Very spontaneous and always safe to us and respectful of the environment. A fabulous day on the water! We drove in from the Rainforest Area which took about 2 hours. We then stayed in the Guanica area for a few days (about 30 min away). Wonderful!

Sterling, Virginia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great fun and learning experience”
Reviewed 5 April 2012

I recommend snorkeling on the reefs with Caribbean Images Tours. David Mansfield and his first mate Jorge are great guides.

David is a wonderful host with loads of experience in diving, commercial boating, photography, videography and even flying as a private pilot. I wish we could have met Lynn, his wife. But she had some car issues to take care of.

All I can say is make an appointment to dive with Caribbean Images Tours. Dave will entertain you with all sorts of stories. Jorge was a delight too. He is a bright young man who truly loves diving, snorkeling and swimming on the reefs.

You'll be treated like royalty, have a fun and safe ecotour of the nearby reef.

Visited March 2012
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
“Best thing I've done this time in PR”
Reviewed 23 March 2012

This is my second time visit Puerto Rico but first time to Ponce, the real Caribbean sea. Caribbean Images Tours gave me the best experience. Dave and his Crew are very nice guys and really helpful during the snorkeling. I will recommend this event to all my friends who want to visit Puerto Rico.

Visited March 2012