Hotel Melia Ponce
US$131
  • Breakfast included
US$148
US$138
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewshistoric hotelpuerto ricoparque de bombasrooftop barplenty of hot wateran older hoteldowntown poncerooms are smallpointepamelaprcloset
Reviewed 28 August 2013

This is our third stay at hotel Melia and I would stay here every time in Ponce. Nice original structure with great views of the plaza. It has the feeling of an old world hotel with many modern ameneties.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Keith K
Reviewed 16 August 2013

Great location!! We walked everywhere! The room was okay...kind of small but decent. The free breakfast was great and had a nice view of the pool and gardens. One thing to note - there weren't many outlets. I had to plug my phone in behind the bed and then the cord couldn't reach to the nightstand so it laid under my pillow all night.

The staff, although kind, were not very helpful. One desk assistant couldn't tell us how to get to Catillo de Serralles which is literally within walking distance (but don't walk it....it's in a weird neighborhood). The older gentleman who worked the first night we arrived was very friendly but gave us suggestions to only two restaurants (Tertulia's and Tompy's) both of which had tiny menus and were terrible (see othe post about Tertulia's).

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 August 2013

I booked the Melia on line because of its history. The hotel is right on the square in Ponce which
is the center of the architecture and museums in this lovely little city. The room we booked had not been updated so we asked for a move after one night and the staff was
incredibly pleasant and helpful in doing so. The remodeled room was small but lovely. One really
gets a sense of history in this hotel which would be the whole point of going to Ponce. Omar was a great help with the room and directions - a lovely human being.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for a room that has been remodeled.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Kathleen F
Reviewed 23 July 2013

My family and around 13 families related to my daughter chose Melia to serve as our headquarters for our daughter's wedding at the Old Ponce Casino (a magnificent 19 century facility owned by the city of Ponce vey close to the beautiful central square of the city). Apart from giving us a time voyage to the colonial past of this beautiful historical downtown, it also connected us back to traditions long gone in the open in big San Juan such as Saturday night big band romantic music at the square. Service was good. With new competition literally around the corner, the administration will do good if they invest in some renovations to modernize rooms and common areas without changing its 19 century flavor. If you want to stroll Ponce and relate to its past, this is a good place to stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank oscarcor1
Reviewed 9 July 2013

I went to Ponce Puerto Rico for my 30th high-school reunion, a few of us stayed here at the Melia Hotel, the service was great, the bedrooms nice and clean, the balcony view to the street was awesome. I highly recommend and we will stay here again. The people that work at the hotel.. extremely nice .. It feels like home..thank you!

Room Tip: If you want a quite room because you like to sleep late, don't stay in the rooms with the balcony, facing the Old Fire Station, a lot of noise in the mornings, you wont sleep. I didn't mind I love it! the balcony have an excellent view.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends