“Fun place”

Al Sur Restaurant
Price range: US$15 - US$25
Cuisines: American, Mediterranean, European, Contemporary
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: “AL SUR”, a creative take on traditional slow cooked cuisine. Chef Ariel Rodriguez opens his new restaurant AL SUR in the Ponce Art Museum of Puerto Rico. It opens from Wednesday to Saturday from 11: 00 a.m. to 10: 00 p.m. and on Sundays from 11: 00 a.m. to 6: 00 p.m. A brunch menu will be offered. For reservations or information for private events, please call 787-848-0366. !Buen provecho!
Gilbert, Arizona
“Fun place”
Reviewed 27 February 2013

My godfather and I came to the museum and ended up having dinner on the Friday night. The entrees were great, but moreso, the staff were wonderful. Very attentive and great sense of humor. The chef even came out to talk to us and make us feel welcome.

We had such a great time on Friday that we even came back on Sunday for brunch and the gauntlet that had been thrown down - the pancake challenge. They said that no one to that point had been able to finish the entire plate of pancakes and so I felt it my duty to take on this food challenge. The best part was that the pancakes were very tasty!

Again, I had a great time and the only downside is that I still haven't seen my picture with the empty plate on their facebook page- one of the terms of my victory. ;)

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank jhayesunc

“What a joke!!!”
Reviewed 22 February 2013 via mobile

What a joke!!!! Came for dinner in a group of 8....no salmon (3 entrees salmon based), only one shrimp serving available, no filet mignon. Only able to order four souffles because no more ramekins available for the rest we wanted. I live in Ponce and this is probably the last time you'll see me here ( the bar could always be an option).

2 Thank PRsouth
Ithaca, New York
“excellent food, service, & ambience!”
Reviewed 18 February 2013

absolutely nothing wrong. sadly they were out of the gravlax bagel and crab cake on their brunch menu, so we opted for the salmon and shrimp on the dinner menu. $25 vs $12, but quite good. definitely a good place for foodie's.

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank ben a
“excellent food”
Reviewed 21 December 2012

We had lunch on a Saturday afternoon at the Museum restaurant. The service was attentive, the food was wonderful. I am a NYC foodie at heart and I thought the food was delicious! The bread they served us was amazing! I had a rice dish and my husband the tuna tartar (it's an appetizer, but it was enough for a meal for him). We sat on the window side of restaurant and had a view of the sculpture courtyard. I was a treat to have such a good meal in a beautiful setting.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Drilbu
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good service, food quality average”
Reviewed 25 November 2012 via mobile

Good service, the food was not so good. Nice atmosfere. Tea light twentys like mood. Nice place to visit in the southern area. Great for indoor tourism

1 Thank Liz0014