Ponce Plaza Hotel and Casino
US$138
US$223
US$209
Travelocity
All reviewsfront deskcolonial roomlola restaurantwalking distancesmall poolparking garagejunior suitestayed one nightsmall hotelhotel is beautifulhotel staffmain buildingpuerto ricoparque de bombasramadalolascarlos
Reviewed 9 October 2013

I recomended this hotel because:
Excelent price
Excelent location
BEATIFUL ROOM AND IT WAS VERY CLEAN
The staff was great.
MELAO COFFE SHOP EXCELENT
Thanks to Carlos omar the front desk supervisor is very helpful. Ramada has a very good staff ( maids, casino,front desk,house man )

• Stayed: October 2013
Carlos G, Front Office Manager at Ponce Plaza Hotel and Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2013

Dear Jose G

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your comments about our hotel! We are very glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again! I've passed on your comments to those staff members mentioned and I sincerely appreciate you pointing them out for me.

Reviewed 9 October 2013

I recomended this hotel because:
Excelent price
Excelent location
BEATIFUL ROOM AND IT WAS VERY CLEAN
The staff was great.
MELAO COFFE SHOP EXCELENT

• Stayed: October 2013
Carlos G, Guest Relations Manager at Ponce Plaza Hotel and Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2013

Dear Jose G

Thank you for providing us with your feedback. It is pleasing to hear that you enjoyed your overall stay at the Ramada Ponce Hotel & Casino! When we receive news like this, it makes us even happier to serve our guests! We hope that this won't be your last stay, and we will be more than excited to house you once again.

Take care Jose
Thank you and see you soon!

Reviewed 13 September 2013

Wow is really the reaction you can say after staying here. This hotel was unique in itself, but a poor design without much maintenence. The hotel lobby was nice and somewhat elegant, but very unique. From the lobby, you walk to the back and out, pass the tiny and DIRTY pool, through the valet entrance, to get to where MOST of the rooms are- In the weird and sketchy motel section of the hotel. The rooms were clean, but not very warm or welcoming. It felt like a jail cell or some kind of low-lit hotel room with cold tile floor and no covers. I DID NOT FEEL WELCOME. Also, I felt very unsafe for some reason. I did not enjoy my stay here. Ramada needs to step it up and make the guests feel welcome. The pictures they have on here are misleading.

Room Tip: Get a room to the far corner/ end of the building, those rooms are nicer, brighter, and VERY spacious.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank mawijr

Dear MWJ-PanAm,
Thank you for taking the time and effort to provide us with your thoughts on your stay at the Ramada. After reading your review, I would like to apologize for the non-pleasant stay that you had experienced. As the front desk manager, it is nothing but embarrassing to hear that one of our guests had not enjoyed their time while at this hotel. It is my responsibility to provide the respective departments with your complaints so we may fix these issues.
I apologize on the behalf of the staff here, and we hope that you will be willing to give us a second chance!

Thank you once again!

Reviewed 3 September 2013

Stayed in the original part of the family home, the room was cozy, clean and charming. Bathroom had been updated. Ramada was located in the center of the town within walking of several shops. The park was a delight as was the bus tour that we took. There was a lovely Garden family eatery on the side street of the hotel. We felt bad that this was discovered the day we were leaving. We will make it on our next visit. The casino visit paid off with a small win. Not a gambler the win felt good. Happy we stayed there. Will stay again nice to go back into the past.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Yvette N,
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your wonderful feedback
When we receive news like this, it makes us even happier to serve our guests!
We will be more than excited to house you and your family once again. Thank you and see you soon!

Reviewed 19 August 2013

I reserve this hotel since a long wait for me and my wife to have a pleasant and calm stay out of the routine and to celebrate our anniversary. At arrival the hotel looks very good, the location is great and my wife and I really enjoy Plaza Las Delicias and walking around.We didn't used the pool but it looks really small but clean. The parking is a great add (be prepared to pay $10.00) and the staff was kind and friendly. Our romantic gateway was almost perfect until we arrive to our room. First, they gave us a room that was at the colonial part just at the enter of the hotel and lobby and for the looks this was and office before a hotel room. When we enter it was a Full Size bed for me and my wife. The room like the bed was very small and uncomfortable, but we try to make fun of the situation and just let it be. The bathroom was great and big, may I say more big than the room. A good point was.that the room was clean, the bathroom was ok but not great. Second, there was a BIG party down at the lobby and and at first it was ok but after 1:00am it was not that fun at all and it was like the party was in our room and at 4:00am at last the music stop(not the scream and hard laugh of the guests).Then at night when we "try to sleep" (beside the big party down stairs) at the upper door was this big stained yellow glasses that let all the lights in and the room was bright as a house glass in the morning. They turn off the the light at 6:00am and at that time the sunlight was getting in. Like you see our relax and quiet stay wasn't that great at all and I was wake up all night crazy to go to my comfy and bigger bed at my home. I understand that there have a way better rooms and more quietly but ours was the loudest, brightest and smallest one. If you just want to party all night, specially at weekend this hotel is for you. To bad we when for another reason and the sad part is that we were breaking a 2 1/2 slump without at least a hotel stay and the experience was bad to worse. At morning at least Melao's Coffee Shop was a great experience but you don't have to stay at the hotel to enjoy it. And we need a lot of coffee to wake up and head back home on a 2 hours drive. My recommendation, if you want a relax and escape from the routine this is not the place.

• Stayed: August 2013
Carlos G, Front Office Manager at Ponce Plaza Hotel and Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2013

Dear madrum, thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. I apologize for the inconvenience caused by accommodations in your room. We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay at the Ramada Ponce Hotel & Casino, except for a few select things. We will take care of your complaints as soon as possible, to ensure that you would not mind joining us again. Thank you once again and we hope to see you soon!