“Good Place...” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of El Rincon Argentino - CLOSED

El Rincon Argentino
Price range: US$20 - US$25
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
“Good Place...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2012

Nice ambiance... good service, not a lot of variety in the menu to the typical Argentinian food. The baby churrasco is pretty nice...

Visited February 2012
1 Thank Divine-tea4two

Durham, NC
“Stay away... Salt is everywhere in the food... This place has gone down real fast... They don't know how to cook pasta”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2012 via mobile

Somebody needs to talk to owner... It's all wrong. Pasta was under cooked. They did not bring us all of our order or explain why they did not.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Elias42
Central New Jersey
“Very Sad !”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2012

My family is from Ponce, PR, so when I brought 3 of my friends to PR with me, I wanted them to eat some good Argentinian food and have a good night with some sangria. Boy, was I wrong! The sangria was $30 and tasted like FRUIT PUNCH, they have NO plantains bc they "ran out" (so no tostones or mofongo), the food took 1 hour and 30 minutes. The waiter was great (for what he could give us), but then gave us the run around when we asked for the owner. Who half an hour later apparently "stepped out". We gave our complaints to the supposed "supervisor" who then did us a "Favor" and gave us 30%. We didn't pay until we got a good discount. Please don't go, it's too expensive and since it's under new management, it's TERRIBLE. So, Sad!

• Visited April 2012
Jackson, Wyoming
“It's gone downhill fast!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2012

I reviewed this restaurant back in December and thought it was very good. However, I can no longer recommend it in good conscience after having been there several times recently and been severely disappointed. The service is terrible; the staff move at the speed of geologic time. This last and final time, there were 2 other tables besides ours and it took 45 minutes to get bread! After waiting for over an hour for dinner, we talked with the chef (who had no help) and the manager (who sat in his office with a group of friends, doing nothing). Receiving no suitable response, we left. It is a shame. Apparently, the original owner leased it out to a new operator, who is obviously not capable of running this restaurant.

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank athw
Toronto, Canada
“Never again.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2012

In January, my parents, their friends who came down from New Mexico, and I, decided to revisit this restaurant in Ponce as we were giving my parents' friends a tour around the south part of the island. The menu, as usual, displayed a wide variety of foods, but when we asked for certain appetizers, the waitress would write our orders down, leave to the kitchen (we presume) and after 5 minutes return to tell us that those appetizers were not available at the time. This happened about 3 times with different appetizer selections, as well as main course secondary food choices. We could tell that the waitress was trying her best to please us in any way that she could, so she found us some alternatives, but they were the same price as the "high quality" first choices that we wanted, but tasted terrible. What really made it bad was that my father ordered a Filet Mignon which took about an hour and a half to arrive, at which point all of us had already practically finished our plates (which by the way, didn't really taste as well as on previous occasions) and so my dad didn't even want his plate anymore. He was upset, as anyone would be, but what really stunned us the most was the indifference of the manager lady that worked there. She didn't apologize or even give excuses for why the meal took so long. To add insult to injury, when we got our bill, they had overcharged us for the filet mignon that my dad decided to cancel, so we had to review it with them again. Although we have gone to this restaurant countless times before, this last time was the game changer for us. We won't return to this restaurant ever again.

• Visited January 2012