“Vista Hermosa's experience, GREAT!”
Review of Rainforest Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in El Yunque National Forest
Rainforest Inn
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Last weekend our family decided to do a getaway weekend, no words to describe how beautiful Hacienda Margarita was. Prívate, secure, nature surrounded. We have a wonderful weekend in fact planning to return for December. I'll recommend it a 100%.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
rainforestinn, Owner at Rainforest Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

We are so happy you loved your stay. Villa Hermosa is our large five-bedroom vacation rental villa. We have a listing here on TripAdvisor also in the vacation rental section for that villa. You can make reservations for this property in the same place on our rainforestinn.com website where you make reservations to stay at our bed and breakfast. Sometimes our guests rent everything we offer at our bed and breakfast and also reserve Margarita's El Yunque villa too - it's ideal for a family reunion or when you have an event nearby and want all your friends together in the rainforest.

Reviewed 25 July 2014

We had an amazing time here. Do the rainforest hike to the waterfall. Amazing and fun hike and jump in the pool! The food was EXCELLENT and the hosts gracious! Nothing bad was experienced here besides a giant spider landing on my husband's shoulder while on the hike. :-) The noises at night from the frogs and other rainforest critters is unreal. So glad we stayed here, very romantic! HIGHLY recommend!

Reviewed 13 July 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Rainforest Inn and had an absolutely incredible time. The inn is situated deep in the rainforest and offered amazing views, sounds, and adventures. We ate a gourmet breakfast every morning and slept like babies every night. The inn features a private (as in, just the two of us!) hike that leads to an incredible waterfall and swimming hole. We also enjoyed hiking in the national park but the inn's waterfall is really second to none. I really can't wait to go back to the rainforest and will most definitely be booking at the Rainforest Inn.

Room Tip: The inn has two suites and both were beautiful. We stayed in the Chalet (top level, includes a full...
Reviewed 11 July 2014

My wife and I just finished our honeymoon in Puerto Rico. We designed the trip to spend a few days in the rainforest, at the Rainforest Inn, and the remainder of the trip at your typical beach resort. Our stay at the Rainforest Inn was definitely the highlight of our trip. Their private hike to the secluded swimming hole was exactly the experience we were looking for, and you should stay with them for that hike alone. It was romantic and a one-of-a-kind experience. We later visited the Park Service's public trails in El Yunque--which were lovely--but being around thousands of other tourists only made the Rainforest Inn's private hike feel more special. The coffee and coffee pot they supplied in the room were a nice treat for me, and our breakfasts each morning were easily some of our best meals we had the whole trip. It's hard to find cuisine on the island that isn't just fried to death, and they prepare healthy, flavorful meals (served with wonderful juice or cappuccino). We also valued their opinions on restaurants and the best beach spots to visit; every suggestion they made was perfect. If you spend time with them, be sure to spend time at the kioskos and the beaches in Loquillo. We later stayed in San Juan, and the beaches aren't quite as nice. Also, I had some of the best sleep of my life at the Rainforest Inn. With the windows open and the breeze flowing (and a tummy full of rum), I fell asleep easily each night. I was afraid the frogs and bugs would keep me up, but their noise is such a constant hum of life, it becomes white noise and is easily tuned out. So, we say go for it! It's a special experience, and the hosts provide better service than you can expect in a big hotel.

Notes: 1) The drive is remarkably easy, so don't be worried about that (just worry about how crazily Puerto Ricans drive). 2) Get a massage from Elizabeth (she comes to the Rainforest Inn). 3) This place is a great value; we later spent more money in San Juan for a much smaller room with less character.

1  Thank Alex C
Reviewed 10 July 2014

My husband and I enjoyed part of our honeymoon (3 nights) at the Rainforest Inn, vying, as it did, for top honor of the most gorgeous lodging in Puerto Rico. The breakfast that they serve is reason alone to make this the place for your El Yunque getaway; it was one of the top 5 gourmet experiences I have ever had.
Being part 1 of our two-part honeymoon, I cannot quite express how euphoric I felt on the late evening when we tumbled in, exhausted, and took a look around this zen-like sanctuary.
We enjoyed the little on-grounds hike, which held the same quiet peace afforded us through the rest of our stay at Rainforest Inn.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Villa, I would definitely stay here again.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 June 2014

My husband and I traveled with our three adult children and one of their significant others, and the Rainforest Inn was perfect. It was all of those things that others have commented on, such as beautiful, comfortable, clean, great breakfasts, great showers, and great hosts, etc. We really enjoyed all the beverage options for breakfast, including cappucinos and espresso shots. We loved the hike to the waterfall, which was just challenging enough to make it exciting. The privacy of the gorgeous waterfall, along with the refreshing pool and places to bask in the sun, was even more enjoyable than the more publicly accessible sites in El Yunque. The property was large enough for all of us humans to find some privacy (I even used the yoga room one afternoon) and yet still have a really great time as a family.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

I decided to stay that the Rainforest Inn and I think it was one of the best choices I made. Bill & Reñe were very nice host. Very helpful with anything that we need. The property it's self was breath taking. No, picture could ever show how truly beautiful it is there!

• Stayed: June 2014
#3 of 30 in San Juan
The Dreamcatcher
The Dreamcatcher
#2 of 30 in San Juan

Been to Rainforest Inn? Share your experiences!