“So good we kept coming back!”

The Trade Winds Guesthouse & Restaurant
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 10 October 2013

We visited Vieques in October, during the island's slow season, so many of the restaurants and shops were closed. But fortunately for us Trade Winds was open for dinner and we enjoyed it so much we ate there two nights in a row. The view is stunning, especially during sunset, the staff is friendly and inviting, and the menu selection was delicious. Many of the dishes had a Thai/Indian flare, which my husband and I enjoy very much. The drinks are strong, the food is delicious, the plating is beautiful, and the prices are very reasonable for the quality. We will most definitely be back to Vieques and we will most definitely dine at Trade Winds again!

Reviewed 6 October 2013

We were fortunate to discover this nice place. The food and service were excellent. Loved the vegetarian dish and our companions tasted fresh fish, cooked in a perfect way. Highly recommend.

Reviewed 17 September 2013

I think I would have liked it better if I had ordered better. I got a tuna fish sandwich on a croissant, I realized when I got it and my fiance was eating his burger that I could have ordered better. It was good for what it was. It was also the cheapest meal we ate the whole time. I wanted to go back and try their breakfast but we didn't get a chance.

Reviewed 7 September 2013

Labor Day dining was limited in Esperanza as some of the restaurants were closing down. Thank dog the Trade Winds was open and serving a great menu. Started with a Romaine salad with bleu cheese crumbles and artichokes. The fish was dorado and delicious. The chocolate cake went back to the room with me. Also great. Wine was well priced. I am glad this inn was open!

Reviewed 5 September 2013

The Trade Winds restaurant was by far the best meal we had on the island. A vast menu and very accommodating staff made a lasting impression. It's a shame we found this restaurant on our last night on Vieques, because we definitely would have gone back night after night. The seafood was fresh and well prepared, the staff had no issues with preparation requests, and the views at sunset were so relaxing. I would highly recommend to anyone looking for a good meal in a very clean and inviting restaurant on the island.