“Our favorite restaurant for local flavor!”
Review of Mucho Gusto - CLOSED

Mucho Gusto
Cuisines: Caribbean
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups, Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 29 July 2011

Small and hidden with a great local menu. Must try the Garbanzo bean soup and the Fried Whole Fish....Amazing!!!! Only drawback is no outside seating and no view. Right off the main street in Esperanza. Don't go for ambiance, go for food. Check this place out!

1  Thank g4finder
There are newer reviews for Mucho Gusto

Reviewed 24 June 2011

My husband and I went to Muho Gusto for dinner one night. The restaurant may be air conditioned but it was still stifling. We got menus almost right away but then waited 20 minutes before the server came to take our order and when she did she seemed uninterested and rush. I ordered a rum and diet coke and she gave me the wrong type of rum, and I'm very particular. I didn't say anything because what is the point. I am sure the food is going to be good but by the time I get it I'll have wanted to eat my husbands hand. Too much time spent in a hot restaurant with crap service. Next time we're going somewhere else!

1  Thank Hcpitney416
Reviewed 1 May 2011

We happened to go to Mucho Gusto when the restaurant we originally planned to eat at ran out of churrasco and lobster! What a treat, we were eager to eat authentic Puerto Rican food and we got it! The decor at Mucho Gusto is very low key and the food takes a while to prepare but it's well worth the wait. The arroz con habichuelas are amazing and there chuletas are delicious! the mahi mahi is also very good and the sweet plantains are a must. If you are looking for authentic Puerto Rican food then Mucho Gusto is the place to go. By far my favorite on the island

Reviewed 16 March 2011

Went there several time during Jan. and Feb. of 2011. Each time the food was wonderful. The Shrimp soup has such a delicate flavor. Took a PR friend, who loves to cook himself. He said,"why have I not been here before. I will be back."

The whole fish is the best I have had in PR. I have had at many fine restaurants on the main island. It is grilled and full of wonderful flavors and plenty of garlic.

The walk beside the building to the main dinning room may put some off, but there is no reason. The inside is well decorated w/much attention to details. The outdoor seating is lovely at sunset, and cool breezes are nice at night.

Reviewed 2 May 2010

A staff member at our hotel recommended this place for typical PR food. Honestly, we felt like everything was lacking in flavor and I could have cooked it better. We were the only people at the restaurant and our waitress kept disappearing and forgetting things. Definitely better places to check out.

1  Thank missycard