“Friendly and accomodating” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Casa de Claire Guesthouse

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Isla de Vieques
Casa de Claire Guesthouse
Ranked #17 of 32 Isla de Vieques B&B and Inns
Tampa, Florida
“Friendly and accomodating”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2011

We booked our Vieques trip fairly last minute during one of the busiest times of year, and got lucky that Claire could offer us the last room available on the property, and perhaps on the entire island. Ha! We stayed in the cabana studio, and it worked just perfectly for us. Full size fridge, all the essentials in the kitchen, great updated bathroom with nice big walk in shower. I was told before booking that to access the studio you walk through the pool pump room, this did not bother us in the least. It's a finished room, clean and actually gives you a little extra room to leave your sandy beach gear. And the pump is shut down before night time, so it isn't noisy. Hector and his wife Jean who manage the property were EXTREMELY accommodating and helpful! Jean picked us up from the ferry and even took us by the market b/c we weren't sure if we would be able to find a rental car to come back later. I called all of the advertised car rental places on the island and all were booked up, but Hector knew a local guy who doesn't advertise and he drove us to get a car from him, which worked out perfectly. Word to the wise, book bio bay tours and rental cars in advance. We lucked out and got to do both, but in a very round about sort of way. We had an excellent stay at Casa de Claire and would definitely recommend it to others. The location is very convenient and close to Isabel (a car is pretty much necessary regardless of where you stay though). And I can't say enough good things about the property managers. Claire was stateside during our stay, but she was very friendly and helpful throughout the booking process :-)
One negative was that the satellite dish wasn't working at the time of our stay, but who wants to sit inside and watch television when there is so much beautiful exploring to do!! Jean said they're trying to have it repaired, but all of the workers have been on Holiday, so I'm sure it won't be an issue for long.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank Lynn M

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2011

Beautiful place to stay. Very accomodating host and hostess. Close to ferry, airport, restraunts and bars. Beautiful private pool and pool bar. Gorgeous views. Most beautiful beaches in the world!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank mrotondi
earlybird22
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2011

I booked Casa de Claire for our trip to Vieques with our two young sons, ages 4 and 6. I could not have been happier with our choice! Email correspondence with the owners was fast and frequent and the owner, Gordon, greeted us when we arrived. We felt very welcome and comfortable. Our room had a kitchenette that was quite well stocked with plates, utensils, even a microwave. There are tables both inside and outside for dining.We were able to use a cooler and beach towels and chairs for our beach excursions. I would definitely recommend a rental vehicle in Vieques -- I think it would be very hard to get around without one. Casa de Claire is immaculate; our room was clean and comfortable and the pool area was equally well kept. Our kids had a blast in the pool and I was grateful for some of the extra pool toys available. Wi fi worked well w/ no hassles.Gordon was always available and had great recommendations for beaches and places to eat. We enjoyed BellyButtons for breakfast in Esperanza and had a great dinner at Coconuts in Isabel 2 (call for reservations). Great coffee can be found at El Viequense bakery in Isabel. Our favorite beach was recommended by Gordon: Red Beach. THis is an excellent beach for kids. We also liked Blue Beach and Sun Bay Beach.
Visiting Vieques was the highlight of our trip to Puerto Rico and we will definitely return!

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank earlybird22
Peabody, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2010

My husband and I went with a group of friends to Casa De Claire... I cannot say enough about the owners Gordie and Claire. They are the nicest people ever! We had our own little apartment that was absolutely adorable, actually all of the apartments are adorable and the main house is beautiful! They have put their heat and soul into this place and it shows. They know all the places to go and all the things to do. One of the best things we loved doing was just sitting at the pool and hanging out and relaxing with our friends. The beaches are breathetaking in Vieques. I never even heard of this island until my husband's friend told us about going on a trip with him and his wife. We had such a great time that we are going back again this April.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TheThirstytraveler1
boston ma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2010

Just back from a 2 week visit to casa de claire's. The first week was spent with family and the second with friends. A total of 20 first timers to the island. My husband and I were there last year and loved it. We all had a great time. Each morning was coffee and reading by the pool. Then we packed lunch and drinks and it was off to the beaches. Some would take their island maps and go off to explore the hidden spots on the island. The wildlife reserve, the bunkers, hidden beaches etc. You can even rent scooters to get around. Of course we also enjoyed the restaruants Coconuts, The Cantina, Bellybuttons, Lazy Jack's and more. Sunset at Al's. Fun shopping. The Bio Bay (a must see). Plenty of down time was also spent by the pool. Playing pool,darts or just reading. It's important to remember that you are responsible for your own meals. Made very easy by having the grill right there at the pool. Just put together a salad or two and put your meat on the grill and your all set.
Gordon and Claire are great hosts. Just ask the question and they will point you in the right direction. The house is beautiful and clean.
Looking forward to our next visit.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank roseyBostonMa
Roswell Ga
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2010

From the moment we arrived I knew it was going to be great. Gordy and is crew were wonderful, made us feel right at home. Anything we needed Gordy was there to help. He told us what beaches were the best to snorkel, the best restaurants ect. He was awesome
We came to the island to celebrate the renewing of wedding vows for my son and his beautiful wife and not to mention my grandson (2 1/2 yrs old). He had a ball playing in the pool with all the toys Gordy provided. Waking up to roosters crowing, wild horses in the yard as well as iguanas made me laugh everyday. It was perfect and I want to thank Gordy for making the trip amazing. We want to come back soon and perhaps have the pleasure of meeting Claire.

Thanks Again
Elizabeth Greenwood

• Stayed January 2010
2 Thank purplesage4
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2010

From the moment I began corresponding with Claire, She was nothing but informative, welcoming, and gracious. She even sent me maps of the Island when I began asking the "fine print" questions, lol. I came with a party of 20, my husband and I reaffirmed our vows, and from the setting up of the ceremony to the food to getting around, Gordy and Claire were TOP NOTCH!!
Their Home is just beautiful. From the ocean views and sounds at night, to the spacious and multiple kitchens, to the availability of speakers for music for our wedding reception. The white twinkle lights, tea light candles and abundant flowers added such magic to our reception held back at Casa de Claire.
Gordy was around any time to help if we needed it, in fact he went out of his way to be so on more than a few occasions.
There are multiple fans to add to the breezes going through the house, the local kitties are sweet and my toddler loved getting to "help" feed them with Gordy in the morning.
Gordy even provided us with beach toys for our toddler, as well as a charcoal grill to take to the beach if we needed. We made use of the laundry rooms, the showers were great, the ice maker came in Quite handy! (My husband loved your selection of spices to cook with, by the way) All the space allowed our good sized party to spread out and not step on each others toes... we were a mix of late 20-50 somethings and this worked out well.
My parents slept in the upstairs garage apt, and just loved it. Stayed nice and cool at night. The beds were very comfortable as well! Amazing the Gordy and Claire pretty much built this beautiful place from the ground up- you have put some much care and dedication into it, and it shows.
I mean it when I say I don't think I have ever had a better traveling experience. It was a pleasure meeting Hector and his wife was just wonderful. Thanks to Hector for being on hand to translate at the bbq.
It was a pleasant walk to town, a quick drive to the ocean, beautiful views at night, and like the others said as well, the roosters sound goes away after the first couple mornings, lol.

I cannot say thank you enough. I hope we can return, very soon!

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple