“Casa de Claire was the best”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Isla de Vieques
Casa de Claire Guesthouse
Ranked #18 of 32 Isla de Vieques B&B and Inns
Roswell Ga
“Casa de Claire was the best”
Reviewed 5 March 2010

From the moment we arrived I knew it was going to be great. Gordy and is crew were wonderful, made us feel right at home. Anything we needed Gordy was there to help. He told us what beaches were the best to snorkel, the best restaurants ect. He was awesome
We came to the island to celebrate the renewing of wedding vows for my son and his beautiful wife and not to mention my grandson (2 1/2 yrs old). He had a ball playing in the pool with all the toys Gordy provided. Waking up to roosters crowing, wild horses in the yard as well as iguanas made me laugh everyday. It was perfect and I want to thank Gordy for making the trip amazing. We want to come back soon and perhaps have the pleasure of meeting Claire.

Thanks Again
Elizabeth Greenwood

• Stayed January 2010
2 Thank purplesage4

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 31 January 2010

From the moment I began corresponding with Claire, She was nothing but informative, welcoming, and gracious. She even sent me maps of the Island when I began asking the "fine print" questions, lol. I came with a party of 20, my husband and I reaffirmed our vows, and from the setting up of the ceremony to the food to getting around, Gordy and Claire were TOP NOTCH!!
Their Home is just beautiful. From the ocean views and sounds at night, to the spacious and multiple kitchens, to the availability of speakers for music for our wedding reception. The white twinkle lights, tea light candles and abundant flowers added such magic to our reception held back at Casa de Claire.
Gordy was around any time to help if we needed it, in fact he went out of his way to be so on more than a few occasions.
There are multiple fans to add to the breezes going through the house, the local kitties are sweet and my toddler loved getting to "help" feed them with Gordy in the morning.
Gordy even provided us with beach toys for our toddler, as well as a charcoal grill to take to the beach if we needed. We made use of the laundry rooms, the showers were great, the ice maker came in Quite handy! (My husband loved your selection of spices to cook with, by the way) All the space allowed our good sized party to spread out and not step on each others toes... we were a mix of late 20-50 somethings and this worked out well.
My parents slept in the upstairs garage apt, and just loved it. Stayed nice and cool at night. The beds were very comfortable as well! Amazing the Gordy and Claire pretty much built this beautiful place from the ground up- you have put some much care and dedication into it, and it shows.
I mean it when I say I don't think I have ever had a better traveling experience. It was a pleasure meeting Hector and his wife was just wonderful. Thanks to Hector for being on hand to translate at the bbq.
It was a pleasant walk to town, a quick drive to the ocean, beautiful views at night, and like the others said as well, the roosters sound goes away after the first couple mornings, lol.

I cannot say thank you enough. I hope we can return, very soon!

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank TB_Greenwood
Miami, FL
Reviewed 26 January 2010

I loved the swimming pool and the owners seemed like very sweet people.

The rooms were nice, but I have stayed at better places on Vieques. You should think about what you want to do on the island before booking a hotel. If you'll be there primarily to snorkel and hike around, then there's no problem being in Isabelle II. If you want to be close to night life, then you'll want to be on the other side.
Also, the nicer beaches closer to Esmarelda, so you'll have to be comfortable driving at least 20 min. a day if you stay here and want to do the beaches.

The room we stayed in had great amenities like a fridge, range, and there's an additional ice machine and grill near the pool. The place is cozy, but it's not luxury. If you'd like to stay someplace more fancy (ie. with nicer amenities and a comfortable bed), then I'd suggest staying elsewhere.

• Stayed March 2007, travelled with friends
9 Thank Shanti_Fox
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 20 October 2009

Casa de Claire is one of the most beautiful places I have had the pleasure staying at. Since I have been in the hotel and cruise industry for ten years now take my advice and book this property! You will not be disappointed. Gordy is the nicest man I think I have ever had the pleasure of meeting. Me and my fiance and two friends met him when we rented the house across the street from him about two years ago. We got in on the ferry at the end of a tropical storm and did not have car service until the next day. He came and picked us up from the ferry terminal, took us grocery shopping and welcomed us to the island in a way we never expected. After our two weeks across the street from him we ended up extending our vacation and renting his pool house for another 10 days. Gordy and his neighbor up the hill Czar and wife Sandy treated us like part of the island family! We still keep in touch and are looking forward to out trip back this month. This house is beyond amazing and you will never want to leave!!!

Stayed October 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank HomeGrownOregonian
New York
Reviewed 17 September 2009

Gordy and Claire have an amazing property on this gem of an island. They're absolutely gracious, wonderful and terrific and the property and rooms are so well maintained -- a complete luxury and treat for anyone who stays there.

The privacy of the house and all of its amenities lend to a relaxing vacation. Most days we didn't have to leave because it was so wonderful just staying right where we were. The location is close to everything, too.

Highly recommend Casa de Claire if you're in the need of an island getaway!

Stayed March 2006, travelled with friends
2 Thank TheCessa
Derry, NH
Reviewed 10 August 2009

There are not enough good things to say about Vieques and Casa de Claire! Where else can you stay in the Carribean, in this high of a quality accomidations, for this price? This island has the best beaches I have ever seen, period. Not crowded, not commercialized, just a great place to relax and get away from it all. I would suggest Casa de Claire to anyone!

• Stayed January 2009, travelled with friends
1 Thank LocosinBravos
WELLESLEY ISLAND
Reviewed 9 August 2009

Our son had stayed there for his 30th BD. We saw his pictures and heard his stories and were hooked. We decided to go and our daughter and son-in-law went too, although they only had a week while we had 2. We had a great time. Gordy and Claire are truly gracious hosts - we didn't want for anything and hope to get back again soon. I think our daughter and husband are planning to go this year to celebrate his birthday.

• Stayed March 2008, travelled with family