My husband and I had a great time on Vieques. I really can't imagine staying any where else on the island. The resort is beautiful. The rooms are nice, but not amazing. The service is ... decent. We just had some odd issues with service - like we arrived during a rainstorm at 3pm when our room should have been ready, but they left us in the lobby for 3 hours in order to "let the rain pass." Finally, we asked to go to our room and they walked us right around the corner, which was a little baffling. Not entirely sure why they just left us there. Probably wouldn't have bothered us any other day, except we had just traveled 9 hrs to get there from the west coast.
Like I said, there just things a little off -- service, house cleaning (always something missing), etc. And as someone else mentioned, there was a wedding one night we were there. The music blared so loud and we were attempting to catch up on sleep. No chance ... It is what it is --- just wanted to mention it.
For breakfast, we ate at the Cafe mostly, which I think is great that they have it. It's convenient and inexpensive for breakfast. ** they do run out of breakfast pastries, so you kinda have to go there early. Similar to beach chairs by the pool, they fill up pretty quickly. We never seemed to get there early enough to get a lounger right by the pool.
Mix on the Beach -- my husband and I loved it. Ate there for lunch before we left and dinner our first night. We thought the food was great (had the lobster paella) and priced comparable to El Quenepo.
We rented a jeep from Avis on the property and that worked out great. We also swam/snorkeled in the ocean at the hotel and saw fish.
** Lastly, we flew on Cape Air and Vieques Air. Vieques Air was half the price flying to Isla Grande, but we did get charged a $40 luggage fee, but still cheaper so check it out.
Another nice touch was the free drink they offered at 5:30. Oh, and without a doubt the best pina colada - delicious with the rum floater.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on two private, secluded beaches, the W Retreat & Spa Ã Vieques Island in Puerto Rico provides the perfect getaway for a relaxing and luxurious villa-style vacation with infinite indulgences. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Prestigia, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your W Retreat & Spa Vieques reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- w Retreat And Spa Vieques
- w Retreat & Spa Vieques Hotel Isla De Vieques