“Oasis in Paradise!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Isla de Vieques
Orlando, Florida
“Oasis in Paradise!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

We stayed in Vieques for one night and I didn't want to leave! This property is amazing!!! Our room was available for check in when we arrived after a short ten minute airplane ride from Ceiba around 10am. We were picked up by the W shuttle service which is a huge plus. Our driver was adorable and he along with all the front desk representatives were amazing, friendly and lovable. I loved them all! The hotel is very modern with touches of natural elements, all which make the property unique for the location. Our room was clean and so were the facilities available. They have Island Car Rental on property so you can rent a Jeep without having to leave the grounds, huge plus! We had reserved a Jeep prior to our trip so it was easy for us although there were cars available on first come basis as well. You'll need a car to get around the island and for the beaches on the natural preserves a Jeep is a must! Will be returning and highly recommend a stay here, you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank Shirls04
WViequesGM, General Manager at W Retreat & Spa Vieques, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Welcome,

Thank you for sharing your amazing experience with us.
I am thrilled to read you enjoyed your stay and had the opportunity to explore the retreat and its fabulous surroundings.

We look forward to welcoming you back,

Greg White- General Manager
W Vieques

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (495)
Guaynabo, null, Puerto Rico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

Before my wife and I went to the W we read the reviews on TA and believe me wasn't good at all. We had our concerns but my wife ask me to go anyway and I accepted. I'm glad that I accepted because we had an amazing retreat at W. I don't know which hotel the reviewers where reviewing but certainly wasn't the W at Vieques.

The service was exceptional from the arrival at the airport, Carmen the receptionist at the Lounge, Bengie at the front desk, Joel y Jovanny at the restaurant and of course I can't forget the Goddess of Mojito's Arelys. This is just a few of the employes, that treat us like family and make us a spectacular and unforgettable 4 of July weekend, almost perfect. Like always they can improve in some areas like the main Pool. The bartenders where a litle bit confuse with some special drinks and I was a litle bit dessapointed when the bartender told me, If I order a Drink and food there (Wet area), they couldn't bring it to where I was watching the FIFA World Cup Game at the lobby. He told me, they are a different teams between the pool and the lobby. I had to wait almost 30 min. for my meal and drinks,to be ready.That's nothing compared to the excellent service in different areas of the hotel. You have to go to the other pool it's very private especially at night.

Overall we had a great experience at W and definitely we're going back soon..!

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Rodney P
WViequesGM, General Manager at W Retreat & Spa Vieques, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Welcome,

Thank you for taking the time to share your fabulous experience with us!
I am thrilled to read you and your wife experienced amplified rest and relaxation.

We appreciate you sharing our areas of opportunities as well. We will definitely use them as a tool to continue on delivering the most memorable experiences for our guests.

Looking forward to having you back,

Greg White - GM W Vieques
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

I recently spent 2 nights at the W Vieques (December '13); in fact I proposed to my now-fiance on the beach here! That aside - the property was wonderful and everything you would expect from a W retreat property. I particularly liked the pool and beach area, as well as the wild horses free to wander through the property! Unlike other comments on here, I found service to be excellent. I would highly recommend the property and plan to stay here again. One weak point - a long line at breakfast due to high occupancy. They should increase the serving area I think.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank Jeremy R
Welcome,

Thank you for your amazing comments!
We feel honored you chose the W Vieques as the romantic venue to propose to your now fiance.

We look forward to welcoming you back,

Greg White- General Manager
Brooklyn
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

If this was another spot on Vieques it may have gotten better ranking but when you stay/spend on the W you expect a higher level of service. When we got to our room the door had been left open so it was full of Mosquitos. Food was mediocre. Service was a bit slow. Staff was generally friendly, and venue beautiful but given some of those other issues I wouldn't say it was the best experience but not the worst either.

Stayed June 2014
WViequesGM, General Manager at W Retreat & Spa Vieques, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Welcome

Thank you for sharing your great feedback with us. I am thrilled to read you enjoyed the beautiful hotel grounds and that the talent had a valuable contribution in creating an elevated experience.

I am saddened to read about some of your expectations not being met. Rest assured we are constantly striving at providing the most personalized service to our guests.

We hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back.

Greg White - General Manager
Mastic
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014

From the moment we arrived it has been nothing but disappointments 1st we were suppose to receive a room upgrade to only be told maybe the day before we leave 1 would be available 2nd the hotel told us to wait until we arrived to book an excursion when we went to do so the tours had been completely booked and were unavailable for the duration of our stay 3rd we had to call after the 2nd day and ask to have the room cleaned because no services had been provided 4th went down to have dinner at 8 pm in the restaurant walked through the outside dining area where there was clearly not many ppl eating and was told by the hostess there was an hr and a half wait... Not friendly staff and completely disappointed

• Stayed July 2014
5 Thank Torey722
Welcome,

Let me start by thanking you for sharing your experience with us, we appreciate you taking the time to bring the areas of opportunity to our attention.

I am truly saddened to read we did not meet your expectations. I can assure you this is not representative of the W Vieques, as every member of our talent strives to provide the most personalized service for our guests. I am sorry this is not how it was experienced by you during your time at the retreat.

I will ensure your feedback is used as a tool to improve the experiences we create for our guests in the future.

We certainly hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back and make your stay one that truly conveys all the values the W Vieques family stands for.

Warmest Regards,
Greg White – GM W Vieques
Mastic Beach, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014

This place sucks waste of money had to call the n tell them to clean our room then go to have dinner three people at the tables told us we needed to have a reservation and it would be an hour and a half was promised a room upgrade didn't happen called them three weeks in advance to set up the bio bay was told to book it when I got here got here booked solid I also asked about a rental car and was told to book when I got here no cars available fishing trip was book as well when called three weeks in advance and was told not to book it now staff has was not helpfull and down right rude don't come here you will be so disappointed wife cried three times

• Stayed July 2014
5 Thank seacrab911

Warmest Regards,
Greg White – GM W Vieques
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

Beautiful but...

There really is something to say about the view and access to the ocean. The facilities are nice and take you away from the chaos that PR can put on display for the uninitiated.

The "but" is a small complaint, but one that distracted from what would have been just about perfect. They play their awful "indie/new electronic" W music pretty loud. For people that want a true relaxing night sent sitting by the fire, beware of the speakers blasting that terrible music -- even late at night.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
6 Thank Steve H
WViequesGM, General Manager at W Retreat & Spa Vieques, responded to this review, 5 July 2014
Welcome

I am delighted to read you had a wonderful stay. Thank you for taking the time to to share your comments with us.

We very much appreciate your positive feedback as well as the points in which you felt your expectations were not exceeded.
We will certainly look into the matters you address, to continue on improving

Greg White - GM WVieques
Hotel El Convento
Hotel El Convento
#2 of 46 in San Juan
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,613 reviews

Been to W Retreat & Spa Vieques? Share your experiences!