Message from TripAdvisor:
This place is temporarily closed.

“vieques the good life”

W Retreat & Spa - Vieques Island
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Isla de Vieques
Reviewed 15 July 2014

My husband and I stayed at the W resort to celebrate our anniversary. I cannot say enough about the employees there who were professional, courteous, helpful and made our stay more enjoyable: the servers in Sorce, Gaval and Jorel, who made our dining experience more special. The bartender at the pool, Roberto, and the server, Liany, made us feel like we were the only guests not to mention Carlos who gave us a tour around the resort and was very helpful with answers to our questions. The atmosphere was beautiful and the food was very good. The room was so nice and the bed was so comfortable. It was a relaxing and enjoyable experience. We would definitely return to this hotel!

Room Tip: We asked for an upgrade and were given one right away.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
WViequesGM, General Manager at W Retreat & Spa - Vieques Island, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Welcome,

Thank you for sharing your amazing experience with us!
We feel honored you selected the W Vieques as the venue for that special event. Congratulations again on your recent anniversary.

I will make sure to extend your kudos to the team who I am sure will be thrilled to learn that their contribution in elevating your overall experience was so valuable.

We look forward to welcoming you and your family back soon!

Best Wishes,

Reviewed 12 July 2014

Walking through the front doors you realize this is going to be a quality experience. We liked it so much we cancelled our reservations in San Juan and stayed an extra day. The location and facilities were awesome. The service excellent. Any criticism is just nitpicking (Amenities like a microwave were not provided though they had been requested when making reservations. No big deal- We were able to get into our room early and the food was great. Complements to the chef servers, and the desk. The internet access in the room by Whisper Beach is weak. Mobile phone reception was almost nonexistent- maybe it's time to look into a new phone.) Otherwise the place is just about perfect for a luxurious relaxing stay. When signing the bill it only took one second to smile to myself and think it was a bargain at the price.Thanks guys. All-in-all excellent.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Welcome

Thank you very much for your amazing comments, we are honored you decided to extend your stay and remained at the retreat for the duration of your holiday.

It is great to read you enjoyed amplified rest and relaxation.

We look forward to having you back soon,

Best Wishes,
Greg White- GM W Vieques

Reviewed 10 July 2014

This is one nice resort. Have been to many high end resorts in the islands and this one is the pinnacle top resort. Super awesome staff. Food was stunning loved the shrimp cocktail daily at the pool - succulent shrimp in a bed if greens topped with an avocado. I will also add this little island is a "foodie" heaven many great restaurants a $ 5. per person cab ride away. Cleanest island in the Caribbean.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Welcome,

Thank you for taking the time to share your fabulous experience with us!
I am thrilled to read you experienced amplified rest and relaxation.

Looking forward to having you back,

Reviewed 7 July 2014

We stayed in Vieques for one night and I didn't want to leave! This property is amazing!!! Our room was available for check in when we arrived after a short ten minute airplane ride from Ceiba around 10am. We were picked up by the W shuttle service which is a huge plus. Our driver was adorable and he along with all the front desk representatives were amazing, friendly and lovable. I loved them all! The hotel is very modern with touches of natural elements, all which make the property unique for the location. Our room was clean and so were the facilities available. They have Island Car Rental on property so you can rent a Jeep without having to leave the grounds, huge plus! We had reserved a Jeep prior to our trip so it was easy for us although there were cars available on first come basis as well. You'll need a car to get around the island and for the beaches on the natural preserves a Jeep is a must! Will be returning and highly recommend a stay here, you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Shirls04
WViequesGM, General Manager at W Retreat & Spa - Vieques Island, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Welcome,

Thank you for sharing your amazing experience with us.
I am thrilled to read you enjoyed your stay and had the opportunity to explore the retreat and its fabulous surroundings.

We look forward to welcoming you back,

Greg White- General Manager

Reviewed 7 July 2014

Before my wife and I went to the W we read the reviews on TA and believe me wasn't good at all. We had our concerns but my wife ask me to go anyway and I accepted. I'm glad that I accepted because we had an amazing retreat at W. I don't know which hotel the reviewers where reviewing but certainly wasn't the W at Vieques.

The service was exceptional from the arrival at the airport, Carmen the receptionist at the Lounge, Bengie at the front desk, Joel y Jovanny at the restaurant and of course I can't forget the Goddess of Mojito's Arelys. This is just a few of the employes, that treat us like family and make us a spectacular and unforgettable 4 of July weekend, almost perfect. Like always they can improve in some areas like the main Pool. The bartenders where a litle bit confuse with some special drinks and I was a litle bit dessapointed when the bartender told me, If I order a Drink and food there (Wet area), they couldn't bring it to where I was watching the FIFA World Cup Game at the lobby. He told me, they are a different teams between the pool and the lobby. I had to wait almost 30 min. for my meal and drinks,to be ready.That's nothing compared to the excellent service in different areas of the hotel. You have to go to the other pool it's very private especially at night.

Overall we had a great experience at W and definitely we're going back soon..!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rodney P

Welcome,

Thank you for taking the time to share your fabulous experience with us!
I am thrilled to read you and your wife experienced amplified rest and relaxation.

We appreciate you sharing our areas of opportunities as well. We will definitely use them as a tool to continue on delivering the most memorable experiences for our guests.

Looking forward to having you back,

Reviewed 6 July 2014

I recently spent 2 nights at the W Vieques (December '13); in fact I proposed to my now-fiance on the beach here! That aside - the property was wonderful and everything you would expect from a W retreat property. I particularly liked the pool and beach area, as well as the wild horses free to wander through the property! Unlike other comments on here, I found service to be excellent. I would highly recommend the property and plan to stay here again. One weak point - a long line at breakfast due to high occupancy. They should increase the serving area I think.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jeremy R

Welcome,

Thank you for your amazing comments!
We feel honored you chose the W Vieques as the romantic venue to propose to your now fiance.

We look forward to welcoming you back,

Greg White- General Manager

Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

If this was another spot on Vieques it may have gotten better ranking but when you stay/spend on the W you expect a higher level of service. When we got to our room the door had been left open so it was full of Mosquitos. Food was mediocre. Service was a bit slow. Staff was generally friendly, and venue beautiful but given some of those other issues I wouldn't say it was the best experience but not the worst either.

Stayed: June 2014
WViequesGM, General Manager at W Retreat & Spa - Vieques Island, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Welcome

Thank you for sharing your great feedback with us. I am thrilled to read you enjoyed the beautiful hotel grounds and that the talent had a valuable contribution in creating an elevated experience.

I am saddened to read about some of your expectations not being met. Rest assured we are constantly striving at providing the most personalized service to our guests.

We hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back.

Greg White - General Manager

#7 of 13 in Isla Verde
Blue Horizon Boutique Resort
Blue Horizon Boutique Resort
#6 of 6 in Isla de Vieques

Been to W Retreat & Spa - Vieques Island? Share your experiences!