“Paradise for anyone”

Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Isla de Vieques
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Paradise for anyone”
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Beautiful grounds, very helpful and attentive staff, the pools were amazing. The beach was private and clean. The restaurants had a great menu and the food was very tasty. The rooms were spacious and clean! Very romantic and mostly kid free!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
WViequesGM, General Manager at W Retreat & Spa Vieques, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Welcome,

Thank you for sharing your fabulous feedback with us!
It is exciting to read you experienced amplified rest and relaxation

We look forward to welcoming you back

best wishes
Greg White- GM W Vieques

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (512)
Vega Alta, Puerto Rico
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed at the W Hotel for a one night business trip and it exceeded my expectations by a lot. I had heard about the W in Vieques for a long time but never gotten the chance to visit it until a recent business opportunity came up in Vieques and our group stayed for one night only. The Hotel is surely set up for couples. The room layout is very cool with a huge bathroom area including separate bath and shower areas. The vibe in the hotel is to go with your partner and have a great time. The service is top notch with attention to details. The food was top quality at resort prices. Is a place if you are planning on a vacation to relax and enjoy the facilities and rooms and stay put in the resort during your stay. If you want to explore the Island, I would suggest other hotels in Vieques.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Welcome,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience!
Because of the privacy and pristine location of both the retreat and the island, couples are indeed very attracted to the destination, although we welcome a fair share of business travelers on incentive trips and families.

I am thrilled we were able to contribute to the creation of amazing memories.

We hope to welcome you back soon,

Best Wishes
Greg White- GM W Vieques.
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Wonderful and relax weekend! Since we arrived the service was outstanding and super friendly, in general the experience exceed our expectations. We had an ocean view room with great weather, enjoyed the pool, cocktails at sunset and the kayaking!

Room Tip: Rooms near the main pool area are ideal if you like music and been close to pool area.
1 Thank brendamrodz
Welcome,

Thank you for sharing your fabulous experience with us!
I am excited to read your expectations were exceeded.

We look forward to welcoming you back
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I've been back to the W twice since my last review when I visited in January 2013. So obviously I still enjoy very much the hotel and the Island. I am now complacent with what they offer and give it a solid 4 stars. When you visit 5 star hotels, you know the difference. (When they first opened I felt like it was a 5 star hotel.) Regardless, I have been there 5 times already and always take friends or family and we have a wonderful time. A few comments: Milly, the server poolside is exellent, as is the male conciege. I am annoyed at the other conciege,Yaritza; although she made all the reservations I asked for, she claimed the restaurants would not take reservations later that 7:00 pm for my group of 10 friends, when I asked repeatedly. I decided to call both restaurants myself, and they said there would be absolutely no problem in making the reservations for 9:00 pm. The ladies serving at the W Cafe need to take a happy pill! Awful attitude!! The hotel really needs to get more light in the room, at least by the mirror! Women don't see a thing when applying make-up! Hotel decor and ambiance is absolutely beautiful and zen. Sorce was good for breakfast and lunch, but although beautiful, we dined better at the restaurants in Esperanza. Make sure to rent a Jeep and visit the beaches, restaurants and the other activities offered in Vieques, especially the bio bay and the paddleboarding eco tour. Horseback riding tour was fun also! To sum it up, I live in San Juan and this is the only property that I visit continually due to proximity, ease from Isla Grande aiport, value, and enjoyment. The property has been kept up nicely since it opened.

Room Tip: I like the pool rooms on the first floor. You have direct access through the glass sliding door to t...
Welcome,

Thank you for sharing your fabulous experience with us!
We are honored you have chosen the W Vieques as your venue to get amplified rest and relaxation on so many consecutive occasions.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back!

Greg White - GM W Vieques
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Favorite part of my trip to Puerto Rico. Not huge on staying in resorts, would usually prefer renting a home on the beach, however, I'd stay at The W again. Hotel wasn't overly crowded, many beaches, tennis, board games, an adult beach, great gym... not much more you could ask for. Went for a walk and within 10 minutes was at a private beach away from the hotel, one of the nicest beaches I saw on the trip and no one was there. A short cab ride to the main area of the island, also stunning. Recommend going as a couple/family.

Room Tip: ask for a room with a deck, lower level doesn't offer any privacy.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Welcome,

We are thrilled to read you enjoyed the grounds at the W and took full advantage of all the beauty that the retreat and the island have to offer.

Looking forward to welcoming you back!

Best wishes,
Akron, Ohio
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Although the hotel was only booked at 30% capacity the overall cleanliness was less than would be expected at a hotel for this price. Additionally, the staff removed items from my room. Despite multiple promises from management to investigate the theft, no one has ever followed.

Room Tip: Make sure the safe works. Things that aren't in the safe or left behind briefly will vanish for...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank R W
Welcome,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us.
I am sorry to read your expectations were not exceeded.

I can assure you that the safety and security of our guests is paramount to us.
The points mentioned are not representative of the W Vieques as every talent member is constantly striving to create memorable experiences for guests. Please allow us to get clarification on the matters you address, as it is our priority to provide transparency in all of the aspects within the Retreat experience.

We certainly hope we have the opportunity to follow up on the situation you have brought to our attention.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 20 July 2014

First off, my husband in SPG Platinum and has been for many years. I specifically booked the second highest room (suite - marvelous retreat) available hoping they would give us the WOW suite, they did, not only that we arrived early and our room was ready. We paid the first three days and used points for the last day, they let us stay in the WOW Suite on the last day as well. We only used suite rewards for one night. Our driver, the front desk person etc everyone was great. The pick up was easy and it was obvious to me that our platinum status was respected and we really appreciated it.

Beach: I read many reviews about how it was rocky and there were stones - I'm very picky about my beach and yes there were a few stones but once you walked over it there was nothing but sand. We truly enjoyed the ocean. The W is situated on the Atlantic side. The W adults only beach was beautiful. Being in the oceanfront rooms we could be down to the water in about 60 seconds.

Room: We payed roughly 500$ for the nights for 1400 square foot room. In my opinion that was an amazing deal, I might feel differently if I was in one of the small rooms by the pool and paid 350 or 400. We booked and found an amazing deal. It was completely worth it. In my opinion a hotel is what you pay for it, not the stars that are given to it. The bed and bliss amenities, the shower, kitchenette, extra bathroom and both patios with swing were beautiful. The downside was it was really dark in the room and it got in the way.

Pool: The pools are gorgeous, the pool service great. My suggestion would be that since there are two pools the W staff make one pool kids only and the other adults only. I love kids don't get me wrong but not when they are splashing and kicking and screaming. You lose the relaxation factor. It was easy to get towels and despite a crowded holiday weekend we always got chairs. The one thing I really liked about the W is they have a rule that if you leave your chair at the pool unattended for a half an hour they clear it. (Obviously not if you at the pool) but for those people that go on activities but put clothes on the chairs in the morning. I thought that was great. My husband and I spent so much time at the pool and beach it was amazing.

The property is beautiful, there were things I appreciate about the resort like they have ice water by the beaches along with sun block. It was really easy to get snorkeling equipment and the concierge was very nice although everything was completely booked when we got there but we had not intention of taking tours. We rented a jeep one day and saw the whole island, that was enough for us. There was no reason to really leave the hotel. Our trip was perfect because we spent a few days in San Jaun doing tourist type stuff.

The reason I am giving the W a rating of 4 instead of 5 was that the room service food was by far the worst room service food I've ever had, the service was excellent though. Breakfast was okay, not much of a spread for a buffet. The sandwiches and the women that made them at the W cafe were outstanding. We didn't try Sorce based on the reviews I read. The drinks were really expensive interestingly enough the minibar in comparison was reasonably priced.

Its an amazing property and beautiful rooms, you'll love it based on how little or much you pay for it. I would recommend it but you must get a good deal and stay in the nicer rooms. The staff was great too and very accomodating. We were grateful for our upgraded and how we were treated.

Room Tip: Keep searching for deals the WOW suite can be priced as high as 1000$ but we got it for half that...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank travels120000
Welcome,
Thank you for taking the time to share in detail your fabulous experience.

We very much appreciate your positive comments, and I am happy to read that your stay was so wonderful.

We will certainly look into the matters you address, as we strive to continuously improve the quality of service we provide to our guests.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Isla de Vieques
#2 of 47 in San Juan
Hacienda Tamarindo
Hacienda Tamarindo
#2 of 6 in Isla de Vieques

Been to W Retreat & Spa Vieques? Share your experiences!