“Worth it!”

W Retreat & Spa - Vieques Island
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Isla de Vieques
Reviewed 27 July 2014

We stayed at the W Hotel for our honeymoon (one week) and only have wonderful things to say. We stayed in an oceanfront room that had amazing views (and was huge). The pool was a perfect temperature and the ocean, just steps away, was perfect and easy to get in and out of. The other reviewers are correct, it is pricey to eat/drink at the W; however, we expected that at a resort. Jump in a cab ($5 per person each way) and go out to eat. Also, be sure to take a cab to a few other beaches. Do not doubt yourself, book here.

Room Tip: The pool area got busy on the weekend, so if you are looking for quiet, request a room not near the...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
WViequesGM, General Manager at W Retreat & Spa - Vieques Island, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Welcome,

Let me start by congratulating you on your recent wedding!

We feel honored you chose the W Vieques as your honeymoon destination.

Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful experience with us. I am thrilled to read we had a valuable contribution in the creation of an unforgettable stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back.
Warmest Regards,

Write a ReviewReviews (1,844)

Reviewed 26 July 2014

Beautiful grounds, very helpful and attentive staff, the pools were amazing. The beach was private and clean. The restaurants had a great menu and the food was very tasty. The rooms were spacious and clean! Very romantic and mostly kid free!

Welcome,

Thank you for sharing your fabulous feedback with us!
It is exciting to read you experienced amplified rest and relaxation

We look forward to welcoming you back

best wishes

Reviewed 24 July 2014

Stayed at the W Hotel for a one night business trip and it exceeded my expectations by a lot. I had heard about the W in Vieques for a long time but never gotten the chance to visit it until a recent business opportunity came up in Vieques and our group stayed for one night only. The Hotel is surely set up for couples. The room layout is very cool with a huge bathroom area including separate bath and shower areas. The vibe in the hotel is to go with your partner and have a great time. The service is top notch with attention to details. The food was top quality at resort prices. Is a place if you are planning on a vacation to relax and enjoy the facilities and rooms and stay put in the resort during your stay. If you want to explore the Island, I would suggest other hotels in Vieques.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Welcome,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience!
Because of the privacy and pristine location of both the retreat and the island, couples are indeed very attracted to the destination, although we welcome a fair share of business travelers on incentive trips and families.

I am thrilled we were able to contribute to the creation of amazing memories.

We hope to welcome you back soon,

Best Wishes
Greg White- GM W Vieques.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Wonderful and relax weekend! Since we arrived the service was outstanding and super friendly, in general the experience exceed our expectations. We had an ocean view room with great weather, enjoyed the pool, cocktails at sunset and the kayaking!

Room Tip: Rooms near the main pool area are ideal if you like music and been close to pool area.
1  Thank brendamrodz

Welcome,

Thank you for sharing your fabulous experience with us!
I am excited to read your expectations were exceeded.

We look forward to welcoming you back

Reviewed 22 July 2014

I've been back to the W twice since my last review when I visited in January 2013. So obviously I still enjoy very much the hotel and the Island. I am now complacent with what they offer and give it a solid 4 stars. When you visit 5 star hotels, you know the difference. (When they first opened I felt like it was a 5 star hotel.) Regardless, I have been there 5 times already and always take friends or family and we have a wonderful time. A few comments: Milly, the server poolside is exellent, as is the male conciege. I am annoyed at the other conciege,Yaritza; although she made all the reservations I asked for, she claimed the restaurants would not take reservations later that 7:00 pm for my group of 10 friends, when I asked repeatedly. I decided to call both restaurants myself, and they said there would be absolutely no problem in making the reservations for 9:00 pm. The ladies serving at the W Cafe need to take a happy pill! Awful attitude!! The hotel really needs to get more light in the room, at least by the mirror! Women don't see a thing when applying make-up! Hotel decor and ambiance is absolutely beautiful and zen. Sorce was good for breakfast and lunch, but although beautiful, we dined better at the restaurants in Esperanza. Make sure to rent a Jeep and visit the beaches, restaurants and the other activities offered in Vieques, especially the bio bay and the paddleboarding eco tour. Horseback riding tour was fun also! To sum it up, I live in San Juan and this is the only property that I visit continually due to proximity, ease from Isla Grande aiport, value, and enjoyment. The property has been kept up nicely since it opened.

Room Tip: I like the pool rooms on the first floor. You have direct access through the glass sliding door to t...

Welcome,

Thank you for sharing your fabulous experience with us!
We are honored you have chosen the W Vieques as your venue to get amplified rest and relaxation on so many consecutive occasions.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back!

Greg White - GM W Vieques

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Favorite part of my trip to Puerto Rico. Not huge on staying in resorts, would usually prefer renting a home on the beach, however, I'd stay at The W again. Hotel wasn't overly crowded, many beaches, tennis, board games, an adult beach, great gym... not much more you could ask for. Went for a walk and within 10 minutes was at a private beach away from the hotel, one of the nicest beaches I saw on the trip and no one was there. A short cab ride to the main area of the island, also stunning. Recommend going as a couple/family.

Room Tip: ask for a room with a deck, lower level doesn't offer any privacy.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Welcome,

We are thrilled to read you enjoyed the grounds at the W and took full advantage of all the beauty that the retreat and the island have to offer.

Looking forward to welcoming you back!

Best wishes,

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Although the hotel was only booked at 30% capacity the overall cleanliness was less than would be expected at a hotel for this price. Additionally, the staff removed items from my room. Despite multiple promises from management to investigate the theft, no one has ever followed.

Room Tip: Make sure the safe works. Things that aren't in the safe or left behind briefly will vanish for...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank R W

Welcome,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us.
I am sorry to read your expectations were not exceeded.

I can assure you that the safety and security of our guests is paramount to us.
The points mentioned are not representative of the W Vieques as every talent member is constantly striving to create memorable experiences for guests. Please allow us to get clarification on the matters you address, as it is our priority to provide transparency in all of the aspects within the Retreat experience.

We certainly hope we have the opportunity to follow up on the situation you have brought to our attention.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Isla de Vieques
Condado Vanderbilt Hotel
Bravo Beach Hotel
Bravo Beach Hotel
#4 of 5 in Isla de Vieques

Been to W Retreat & Spa - Vieques Island? Share your experiences!