“darn. not quite what we wanted.”

Bioluminescent (Mosquito) Bay
US$59.00*
and up
Vieques Bioluminescent Bay Night Kayak Tour
Reviewed 4 June 2014

we travelled to the bio bay at the end of may 2014. there are problems with the luminosity. they suspect it is because of the colder than normal winter, but it might be attributed to pollution, human over use, or some other unknown factor. we did see luminescence ... it was just quite scant.... certainly not the magic that you might expect from reading up on bio bay on the internet. check with tour organizers for updates before booking.

1  Thank ebeckartist
There are newer reviews for Bioluminescent (Mosquito) Bay

Reviewed 2 June 2014

Honestly not happy that our resort Blue Horizon suggested and booked this for us. I get the impact from the oil spill and other things but don't swindle people out of their money. They got us in kayaks and basically left us there with barely anything to see getting eaten my bugs for two hours. Very nice people and I get it's how they make money but dang...a total waste of $80

No glow bay...

1  Thank Christopherabair
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I would definitely recommend taking the time out to do this while you are in Puerto Rico. It was simply amazing. I was in awe of the glowing of the water. If you put your hand in the water or anything it will glow and sparkle. It doesn't look like anything that would exist in this world. I would recommend going to Vieques and this bay over the others as well so you can experience the sleepy island (at least when I went). It was not overcrowded. At some points my boyfriend and I were the only people on the beach. I would do this again if I went back. Definitely an experience I will remember for the rest of my life.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

Definitely a bucket list item. The bay was beautiful after a short kayaking effort. Once we were in the bay the stars above and the bioluminescent water with fish darting ahead of us were spectacular.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

If you don't have "kayak in a bioluminescent bay" on your bucket list then put it on the list and then book your trip to Vieques. Words don't do the experience justice and since it has to be dark you really can't take pictures. In a way that works to your advantage. You get to focus and really see it. It is dark, quiet and peaceful. You dip your arm in the water and liquid light runs down. As you paddle along, the underside of the kayaks glow. I highly recommend it an if I get the chance I'll do it again.

1  Thank jcaynon