“A Rejuvenating Hideaway on Beautiful Vieques Island”
Review of La Finca Vieques

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Isla de Vieques
La Finca Vieques
Reviewed 11 November 2009

I make it a point never to travel to the same place more than once, but I've already been to La Finca twice and I plan to go back as many times as I can. I fell in love with its rustic charm on my first visit and decided to take 25 people back with me for my wedding. All of our guests loved it, and we're already planning our next group trip. It's nearly impossible to feel stressed out at this unique haven. The outdoors melts with the indoors, and you can almost imagine you're in an amazing tree house when staying in the guesthouse with its wrap around decks and fantastic view. Hammocks litter the property, so you can take a siesta or read a book from the take-one-leave-one library. We had a lot of fun trying caribbean recipes in the community kitchen, and spent hours at the pool. There's no better word for the pool than oasis, as it's surrounded by tropical flowers and palm trees. Even the outdoor showers, daunting at first, ended up being a highlight. La Finca is perfect for a romantic getaway or a team-building experience, and the managers are the most welcoming, helpful people on the island. From arranging group outings to helping with wedding details, they were the epitome of hospitality. I've never felt so at home while so far away from home!

• Stayed: July 2009

Reviewed 1 November 2009

After a hectic summer in NYC, a friend and I booked a trip to Vieques and stayed at La Finca after a friend had recommended the place. Wow. To say the least, La Finca was so full of peace and tranquility. Moon lit swims in the pool looking up at the brightest stars through the palm trees, hammocks galore with no distractions, star-kissed showers at night. Peace. Peace. Peace. My heart rate is slowing just recalling my stay there! The hotel manager, Katrina, was a dream and beyond accommodating. She is amazing!!

I have made a promise to myself to return to this magical place every year...for the rest of my life. A total dream.

Stayed: August 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 October 2009

We stayed at La Finca for a week in December of 2008 and cannot describe what an amazing / relaxing experience it was. I am planning another trip for this upcoming season. The property manager Katrina made sure our stay was welcoming and comfortable. She helped us tremendously by providing local insight to the area and offered a personal hand on many occasions to make our stay more enjoyable.

Stayed: December 2008, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 October 2009

Looking out my window now, at the concrete Philly jungle...I find I am mentally teleporting myself back to the real jungle thing...La Finca Caribe.

This place is quite possibly the awesome-est place to stay ever...it is very difficult to describe the overwhelming amount of charm there.
time kinda stops (which is really nice if you are on vacation.)

if you enjoy languid porch swings, fluffy clouds, beautiful views, sunkissed cheeks, peaceful hammocks, rum drinks, floating in water, watching lizards, carefree afternoons, sweet tropical fruits, beach glass, cat-naps + quiet-time this is the place for you!

We rented the cabanita. it has it's own bathroom - a private outdoor shower. (oh bliss!) a tiny kitchenette...with fridge and two burner stove + it's own front porch.

La Finca has many options for different types of travelers.
The community house has shared bathrooms and kitchen and some little bed rooms like a hostel. It has a breezy open indoor/outdoor quality and plenty of perfect spots for a nap.
There are larger more "luxury" cabins also that are secluded and less communal throughout the property...

OR you and 49 of your closest friends could rent the entire place for a week!
this option would be great for a big party, retreat, family re-union, wedding, yoga intensive, etc.

-the salt water pool is amazing! it feels healing for your skin and doesn't stink like chlorine!

but none of Vieques will be what you might be accustomed to. The linens and towels don't match, there are no tvs, internet, newspapers, telephones, etc. No one wears shoes. They might rent you a convertible car without a top (and it might rain that day.)
People are so completely laid back that there isn't even glass in any the windows!

I felt really blessed to have landed in such a beautiful, down to earth place at La FInca.
The Inn Keepers are super kind and helpful and will make you feel right at home.
This place isn't a fancy hotel though, it's more like camping and probably best for more adventuresome folks.

Go when it isn't tourist season (late spring+summer) and you will find yourself totally alone on a crystal clear blue beach swimming with tropical fish for hours at a time.
We felt so free, we got naked!

La Finca and all of the island is really pretty rural -you'll have to be able to entertain yourself. bring books, instruments, crafts, bikes, rafts and bug spray!

all we did the entire time we were there was: read, swim, drink, eat, drive around beach hopping and sleep. a real relaxing vacation!!!

If you have never felt a trade wind, seen the stars without light pollution, taken a dip with glowing phytoplankton, photographed wild ponies or eaten a fresh tamarindo....you really have no idea what you are missing.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 October 2009

My wife and I traveled to La Finca in January '09 for our long-overdue honeymoon. Our experience was so fantastic we couldn't stay away--we headed back just five months later. Lush, off-the-beaten-path and funky, La Finca is the definitive charming island getaway. "Rustic" is an adjective that's tossed around a few of the descriptions you may read, and that's part of its charm. But don't be fooled: While La Finca offers vacation-seekers a sustainable, environmentally-conscious option for travel, the accommodations and service aren't what I'd consider "rustic." The vegetation is gorgeous and well-maintained; the open-air cabanas are clean and cozy; the outdoor showers are refreshing; and the salt-water pool is a nice touch for the evening after a day at the beach. But moreover, Katrina's (the friendly manager) made our trip that much sweeter with her helpful recommendations on leisure activities and restaurants, and the option of custom home-cooked breakfasts and dinners (hint: try her smoothies!). Her service is truly top-notch--she'll make you'll feel like Caribbean royalty. Best of all, the price of your stay is far below what you'd expect to pay on a tropical vacation--excellent bang-for-your-buck value.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Patrrrick
Reviewed 14 October 2009

La Finca offers the perfect example of living in symbiosis with the environment. They exist sustainably and in an energy consevative way. It's not hard to adjust to this lifestyle because the surroundings make you want to keep this place around forever. Despite the eco-tourism mission of La Finca, the service and hospitality offered and the stunning beauty of the property hardly make you feel like you're "roughing" it. I loved the outdoor showers where humming birds and coqui frogs came to visit. You could enjoy yourself enough just hanging around the property all day, but don't. Katrina had a wealth of reliable information about the island and can point you towards the best beaches and hiking spots. We had such a fantastic time at Finca that we came back 5 months later. Do not miss this gem!

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 September 2009

La Finca Caribe is a wonderful place!! My fiance and I went there for some relaxing time in the island of Vieques, and we couldn't be happier with the attention we received from Dave and Judy from the moment we arrived. Katrina had helped us arrange things like a biobay tour before our arrival, and had even explained to us all the different way we could arrive to Fajardo from San Juan. Once we arrived, since Katrina was away on a much deserved vacation, Judy and Dave took over and helped us have a great experience.

All of La Finca is very preciously/rustically decorated. The rooms are very spacious, the main house has an awesome library of books that have been left behind, the kitchen and the bar are supplied with all the materials one would need, and the pool is just incredibly relaxing in its location. I loved the feeling of being in the middle of the country, of being far away from everything.

Katrina, Dave and Judy (and Berrito!), thanks for everything!

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple