“Beautiful property and a perfect location.”
Review of Malecon House

Malecon House
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Isla de Vieques
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 29 October 2013

My husband and I last minute decided to go to Vieques for the biobay and Malecon House was essentially the only place willing to accommodate us on such short notice, even though it was the slow season (in October). I'm SO glad they did because we loved our stay there even if it was only for one night. The room was minimally decorated but stylish and clean, and the shower was awesome. All of the employees were immensely helpful and I felt went beyond my expectations for great customer service. And the location was *perfect*. When we go back to Vieques we will make sure to stay at Malecon House.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Melissa B
ViequesPom, Owner at Malecon House, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2013

Thank you for your review and your positive comments on the Malecon House location and style. We have great staff and I know they try very hard to please. You probably noticed the solar panels on the roof which amply heat the water for the entire hotel and give us great showers.
We hope we have enticed you back for a longer stay next time.
'Till then, best regards, Robin

Reviewed 18 October 2013

My wife and I heard about Malecon house from some friends who had visited Vieques. Boy are we glad they told us about this wonderful guest house! Located directly across from the water, Malecon House offers AMAZING views, especially at sunset. Robin and Marsha are outstanding hosts/owners! They provided us with lots of info on where to go and how to get there. The Verde room was so nice! Plenty of room for two and spacious enough for three. Breakfast was great with a wonderful scene of life on Vieques. It's also located within walking distance of several a bars and restaraunts. Minutes from the beach and other fun activities!! I HIGHLY recommend The Malecon House to any traveler!! My newly wife and I can't wait to come back! Thanks to Robin and Marsha for the memories and hospitality!!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Josh Z
ViequesPom, Owner at Malecon House, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2013

How wonderful that you chose Malecon House to help celebrate your honeymoon!. Thanks so much for staying with us and being such positive guests. Word of mouth is definitely our best and most satisfying advertising. Hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed 8 September 2013

We had a great stay at MH. The property and rooms are very well kept, modern, clean, and just what you need for a decent stay. I loved, loved, loved the pool. When I read about it, I thought it would be really small and not that great. But really, this pool is perfect for an end of the day/apres adventure- dip. It's big enough to do a short lap, float and or just relax in while reflecting on the day's events. It's uniquely designed and well placed amid the tastefully landscaped grounds. Breakfasts were simple and adequate, complete with coffee, fruit, pastry, cereal and a lovely spot to enjoy it all. We quite looked forward to sitting on the quiet patio each morning to enjoy breakfast while chatting with fellow guests about what they had done. A great way to hear about the hidden gems of the island. The management/owners were very friendly and helpful- it was super to be able to use the guest computer for a quick reality check. The owner's dog is adorable and was a joy to play with a bit. MH is very well appointed, reasonably priced and located perfectly for those who want to be in walking distance/right next door to bars and restaurants, a beach. It's not loud at all- due to it's proximity to the nightlife, they supply coolers, beach chairs and other beach stuff (for free), there is free parking, and a security guard on duty at night. We will stay there again! Hopefully sooner than later!

Room Tip: Second floor is probably a better bet. A few people we met who were on the bottom floor said bugs go...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Emily S
ViequesPom, Owner at Malecon House, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2013

So pleased you enjoyed your stay with us at Malecon House. We do try.
Vieques is a very special place and takes special people to appreciate all that it offers.
Thanks so much for your review; we also hope to see you again- sooner rather than later.

Reviewed 30 August 2013

Me and my fiance (late 20s) stayed in the 'FANTASTICO" room on Valentines day. It is located in the Esperanza area. You are right across the street from the malecon (like a boardwalk) that runs along the water. There are plenty of awesome bars, and restaurants within a seconds walk.

The room was very large, clean and updated. It had everything we needed. The balcony overlooking the ocean was gorgeous, especially relaxing to some coffee in the mornings. The room was slightly pricey but you get what you pay for. The owner was very kind and helpful! She was quick to reply to all my emails.

Breakfast in the morning was plentiful and just right to start our beach day.

I have traveled the world and I must say, I'm still looking for a place like Vieques to give me that relaxed vacation feeling again. Can't wait to return.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank RalphyC123
Reviewed 29 August 2013

Clean, modern and welcoming architectural style quality, which mirrors the style of the proprietors Marsha and Robin. Great people who have built an oasis of straightforward and uncompromising comfort.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank gearthj
Reviewed 11 August 2013

Just returned from a three day stay at Malcone House. I literally stumbled upon it. My travel companion booked us next door at the Tradewinds House where I refused to stay. Malcone was a welcome retreat.

Marsha and Robin are welcoming hosts. Their hotel is stylish and functional. They are ready to meet your every need. My first requirement was clothes, I hadn't packed enough. They have a beautiful boutique of reasonably priced resort wear on the property.

We stayed in the Rey R

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 August 2013

My wife and I stayed here on an off-peak vacation. We varied from the guide books and didn't rent a car (Took a taxi here from the Ferry), but we had a great time walking along the beaches, snorkeling and walking around the area.

The hotel was good, the breakfast was very fresh and delicious (Minimal protein, you can get yogurt at the store around the corner).

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
The St. Regis Bahia Beach Resort, Puerto Rico
Olive Boutique Hotel
Olive Boutique Hotel
#4 of 47 in San Juan

Been to Malecon House? Share your experiences!