Malecon House
El Blok Hotel(Esperanza)
US$195
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Hacienda Tamarindo(Isla de Vieques)
US$182
Orbitz.com
US$126
Cancelon
  • Pool
Bravo Beach Hotel(Isla de Vieques)
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
All reviewsyogurtbeach chairsperfect locationplace to staycontinental breakfastwithin walking distancebars and restaurantsperfect hostsnice breakfastmini fridgeeach morninga wonderful staysun baypuerto ricosmall hotelbug sprayour entire stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 June 2014

The Malecon House far surpassed my expectations. This hotels location was excellent located on the Malecon with many restaurants located within a minuets walk. The property is kept in excellent condition and the rooms are extremely clean and well kept. The staff was extremely helpful from scheduling car rentals to offering recommendations. I honestly after staying here for 3 days cannot thing of one negative thing to say about the Malecon House!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 June 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed in the Tropico Room at Malecon House. I loved the chic simplicity of the inn – you could tell that the owners and staff care about this place, and have put a lot of time and effort into the smallest details. Neat and clean.

This also on top of the fact that Malecon House was in a perfect location in Esperanza. We were only in Vieques a few days, and we preferred not to do a car rental. We had no issue getting to and from the ferry by taxi – and were so close to all the bars, restaurants, and the beach at Sun Bay.

Great location, friendly customer service, and a truly comfortable stay. Jade also pointed us to Sebastian with Vieques Classic Charter – this was the highlight of our trip and I am so happy she recommended.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

I cannot believe I forgot to post a review last year! This was our second time to Malecon House and in total we stayed in 3 different rooms. It is a terrific place. Marsha and Robin run a beautiful B&B. Upon arrival we received a very warm welcome from them and an upgraded room. My husband and I felt right at home.

Location: Malecon is located in the Esperanza part of the island. You need a car, no question. It is a 5-10min drive from the gorgeous beaches. A 5 min drive to Sun Bay beach, which is amazing and has shade!, a few min from Sun Bay is the Luna beach, which is a shallow beach good for snorkeling but it is very peaceful and you can def swim there. Further from the House, but still only about a 10 min drive, are the incredible Caracas (Red beach – breathtaking; no shade) and La Chiva (Blue Beach – wild beauty), plus smaller beaches on the way. Get a map and you’ll see everything. Restaurants and bars are only a few steps away. Marsha and Robin will advise you on all you need to know.

The Premises: Are simple and well kept. Parking is available on premises. There is a cool little store at the House with beach clothing and related stuff. There is a very nice pool with lounge chairs, which we enjoyed thoroughly. There are beautiful trees surrounding the house and I saw an avocado tree last time. There is a tropical garden. It can get a bit loud with birds and roosters nearby and if you are sensitive to noise bring ear plugs. You can freely use beach umbrellas, beach towels, boards and sun screen provided.

Rooms: If you can stay at “Mar Azul” room, do so. It can fit up to 4 people, it has two Queen-sized beds. The room is decorated minimalistically and “dressed-up” in light toned colors, giving it spaciousness and a true relaxing feel. The room has a private balcony with a breathtaking view of the waterfront. There is an AC and ceiling fan, a mini fridge, a safe, beach towels, plenty of closet space, tables, chairs and lamps for reading and a mirror. It was a quite room and we did not hear birds or loud noises. The next room we stayed in was the “Tropico”. Same amenities as the other room but with a single Queen bed and a large private terrace overlooking the tropical garden (you can really hear the roosters there). Lovely space.

Comp Breakfast: breakfast is served from 8-9:30a but it is usually available until about 10a. It is a healthy morning with coffee or tea, cereal, yogurt, fruit and a variety of scones. Food is served outside, so bring your hats and sunglasses because it will most likely be a hot morning. There are umbrellas over some tables and other ones are under the roof, so there is shade but the sun is brutal.
Overall, it was a very enjoyable stay and we hope to return soon!

Room Tip: Try second room floors. They have either a view or a balcony/terrace. The room facing the waterfront is quieter,
3  Thank blackslon
Reviewed 26 May 2014

My husband and I decided on a trip to Vieques to celebrate our wedding anniversary. It would be a new experience for me having already been to Culebra, and of course my husband, having never visited Puerto Rico, was happy to go wherever I suggested. We picked Malecon House because of the reviews. They are correct. We had a wonderful experience and everyone we came in contact with was delightful including the ever-watchful dog. The perfect alarm clock is the faint sound coming from the collar the dog wears. It woke me every morning and let me know coffee was served along with an assortment of breakfast fares. And every morning we shared our breakfast with a small, greenish bird whose charm was matched by his courage. He would sit perched on a chair next to us waiting for sugar to fall from our scone, which it almost always did.

My husband and I first booked this trip for an early March arrival. Three days before we were to depart we had an unexpected death in the family. At first I thought the plane fare, along with the hotel expense in San Juan and the Malecon House would be lost. I contacted Marsha about our dilemma, and she was very kind and worked with us to rebook. The hotel in San Juan and our airline also worked with our situation, and so all was not lost just pushed back.

During our stay my husband made friends with a barracuda and stingray under the Pier of Hope, we ate a pleasing meal at El Quenepo, and stayed restfully at Malecon House. We will be going back, and if you haven’t stayed at Malecon House you should.

Room Tip: We stayed in the "Fantastico" room which is the more expensive room due to an Ocean View but if this is not in your budget the other rooms will please you too.
Reviewed 19 May 2014

This is the best place to stay in Esperanza. It's a quaint, clean inn with a wonderfully warm plunge pool and the best staff. It's right in front of the malecon and walking distance to all the places to eat and a pier with fantastic snorkeling. Our friends actually forgot a few bags after we left and the staff were kind enough to send it to the airport for us to save us some time. They did this for us at no extra charge and without us even asking. I just don't think you can beat that kind of customer service! If we ever come back we would definitely stay here again, hands down.