“excellent puerto rican cuisine restaurant”
Review of Conuco

Conuco
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Cuisines: Caribbean
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Description: Puerto Rican Cuisine - Lunch: Tuesday to Friday 11:00am - 2:00pm Dinner: Tuesday to Saturday 5:30 pm - 9:30 pm
Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

Excellent Puerto Rican food restaurant with great menu offering, atmosphere and service. This is like my grandma's cooking. For starters we tried the arepas w octopus salad also the serenata de bacalao (codfish salad). The seafood mamposteao which my brother had was very good, so was the pionono which is a ripe plantain mash filled with meat. My favorite entreé was the mahi mahi with a coconut, tomato and peppers sauce which was simply amazing. The rice and beans here is also delicious. Again, for great local food, Conuco is it. Wish we have more like this is mainland Puerto Rico.

1  Thank Javi V

Reviewed 20 April 2014

This is the best Puerto Rican food ever. It has creative twists but still stays true to its roots. The drinks are amazing, appetizers are thought out, and the dishes were well executed, aromatic and delicious. It was also the best Mofongo I ate in Puerto Rico. Also their guava colada, though not pina, was the best colada I have had. If I were to critique anything, it's that it is VERY touristy. If I would have walked out of the restaurant and been warped to Sunset Blvd in LA, I wouldn't flinch in shock. But the food was so good I didn't care.

Reviewed 19 April 2014

Very good food, nice service and awesome place! I totally recommend it if your looking the puertorrican kinda of food an atmosphere. Loved it and will be going back!

Reviewed 15 April 2014

We ate outside, it was a little buggy. Indoors had a great atmosphere too. My husband had 2 local dishes cooked perfectly. The value for the quality of food and evening was exceptional.

1  Thank JLD666
Reviewed 11 April 2014

This place was just up the street from where we were staying, and we'd walked past it many times, but it had never been open. Finally, we found it open. We only came in for dessert, as we had already eaten dinner earlier. The staff were friendly and didn't seem at all upset that we were only there for dessert.
They have a wide variety of desserts, some of which I believe are Puerto Rican specialties.
We would definitely have come back for a full meal, had we stayed one night longer on the island.

1  Thank Emilylr