“Excellent!”

Conuco
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Cuisines: Caribbean
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Puerto Rican Cuisine - Lunch: Tuesday to Friday 11:00am - 2:00pm Dinner: Tuesday to Saturday 5:30 pm - 9:30 pm
Reviewed 26 April 2014

We so enjoyed our meals here, we ate there twice in our week on Vieques. This is a small (make a reservation) restaurant serving traditional Puerto rican food with a twist. They have a small patio with a few tables which is quite nice on a warm evening. The dining room is also comfortable with its large windows.
Everything we ordered from the menu was wonderful.

1  Thank momoboys_12

Reviewed 24 April 2014

Conuco was a good experience, but it was about what we expected for the price tag.

We were able to walk in on a Wednesday night at 630pm without reservations, and during our dinner, the dining room remained at half capacity. Male diners wore collared shirts and shorts, women wore sundresses. The ambiance and décor were comfortable, clean, and moderately upscale.

Service was attentive and friendly, and the food was quite good. We enjoyed our crab mofongo and seafood mamposteao entrees, which were well prepared and presented.

Again, it was a good experience, but we didn’t find anything singularly special about it.

1  Thank JennJ14
Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

Excellent Puerto Rican food restaurant with great menu offering, atmosphere and service. This is like my grandma's cooking. For starters we tried the arepas w octopus salad also the serenata de bacalao (codfish salad). The seafood mamposteao which my brother had was very good, so was the pionono which is a ripe plantain mash filled with meat. My favorite entreé was the mahi mahi with a coconut, tomato and peppers sauce which was simply amazing. The rice and beans here is also delicious. Again, for great local food, Conuco is it. Wish we have more like this is mainland Puerto Rico.

1  Thank Javi V
Reviewed 20 April 2014

This is the best Puerto Rican food ever. It has creative twists but still stays true to its roots. The drinks are amazing, appetizers are thought out, and the dishes were well executed, aromatic and delicious. It was also the best Mofongo I ate in Puerto Rico. Also their guava colada, though not pina, was the best colada I have had. If I were to critique anything, it's that it is VERY touristy. If I would have walked out of the restaurant and been warped to Sunset Blvd in LA, I wouldn't flinch in shock. But the food was so good I didn't care.

Reviewed 19 April 2014

Very good food, nice service and awesome place! I totally recommend it if your looking the puertorrican kinda of food an atmosphere. Loved it and will be going back!