“Gourmet dining on Vieques”
Review of Conuco

Conuco
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Cuisines: Caribbean
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Puerto Rican Cuisine - Lunch: Tuesday to Friday 11:00am - 2:00pm Dinner: Tuesday to Saturday 5:30 pm - 9:30 pm
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Great restaurant. The appetizers here are to die for. My favorite was the arepas con pulpo (octopus). Wow! The skirt steak is nothing like I ver had before. It was so tender and the marinate they used was very tasty. The sangria is very good as well, not sure but I think they must put a little brandy in it to give it an extra kick.

Service was excellent and the atmosphere was great.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

I'll keep this short - the deep fried whole red snapper in tomato sauce is fantastic. It was so flaky, perfectly cooked through, and very well garnished and seasoned. I had the same dish at Jose Enrique on the main island of Puerto Rico, and it was only half as good there. I would highly recommend the Conuco version instead.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

We were craving some real Puerto Rican food during our trip and saw Conuco was highly rated on Tripadvisor. This restaurant is just what we were after. The ceviche was really good - just the right amount of heat and tartness. The conch mofongo was good too, but I could only eat so much of it; I felt bad leaving any of that deliciousness left on the plate. I was really impressed that they served local PR craft beer (Old Harbor Brewery) and its good to support those!

Reviewed 21 May 2014

Went to Conuco last week during our stay in Vieques. The restaurant has a nice atmosphere inside, the staff is really friendly and they have a unique and fun Puerto Rican fare menu, we had the Conch ceviche which was very tasty as well as the conch mufango and red snapper. Everything was prepared perfectly. We highly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

Very good food and service. Not the best on the island, but worth a trip from your hotel. The deserts are great.