“Hits the spot!”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Takeout
Phoenix, Arizona
“Hits the spot!”
Reviewed 5 May 2014

We had to wait until our last day on the island to try Sol Food because they aren't open Monday-Thursday, but man, was it worth the wait. We stopped on our way out from La Plata at about 1:30. Fortunately, they had not yet run out of food (probably because it was late April "off -season"). We sipped on coconut sodas under the shade trees while we waited for our sandwich. We split a Bob Marley (a spicy Jerk Chicken "torta" with a sort of pineapple "chutney"). I don't usually like fruit on a hot sandwich, but in this case the ratio of sweet to savory is perfect - just enough to tamp down the heat of the Jerk. We took ours to go and my half was gone well before we got to the Green Store (maybe four minutes?). If you are not a big eater, half a sandwich is more than enough. Next time, however, I'm pretty sure I'll order a whole one just for me.
Tips:
Get there early in high season.
Park across the street (like the sign says)
The Jerk is pretty spicy if you are sensitive to heat.
Try the brownies!

A TripAdvisor Member
“Amazing ”
Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

We stumbled across this little gem on the way to Blue Beach. Great stop prior to landing at the beach for the afternoon. We had the funky chicken sandwich. Amazing. The bread on this island makes everything great. Also, fill up on the Red Pucker Ice Tea. Delicious stop and not expensive either. The sandwich is big enough to share.

Columbia, SC
“Great Location on the Way to the Beach”
Reviewed 26 April 2014

This food truck has gotten great reviews, but we found it to be average. In one sentence, it smells better than it tastes. Not that it was bad, but it was just average. I had the carnitas and found it to be a bit bland, particularly after waiting in anticipation after smelling the food in the car for 10 minutes.

I will say that this food truck is perfectly positioned. It's at the entrance to the reserve where the best beaches are.

NYC
“YUMMAGAIN”
Reviewed 25 April 2014

Once again Sol Food hits the spot(sun spots, lol)
This food is so awesome. I took some carnitas back to NY to share and as usual, everyone that I shared them with loved them.

If you have the chance to try their food, take it. you will not be disappointed.

Thanks Nicole and Les

Longview, Washington
“Excellent Pork Carnitas”
Reviewed 19 April 2014

We stopped by for lunch in between visiting beaches and are so happy that we did! My husband got the pork carnitas and they were to die for. The beef empanadas were also really good. I got the funky chicken wrap and I think it was just okay. It's definitely worth stopping by though on your way to Red or Blue beaches.