“Absolutely Perfect!”
other traveller has booked this property
The pool at Vista Dos Mares overlooking the Atlantic Ocean.
VDM's pool has its own 'beach' area to lounge in the water! No comment needed...
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
The pool at Vista Dos Mares overlooking the Atlantic Ocean.
VDM's pool has its own 'beach' area to lounge in the water!
No comment needed...
Outdoor poolside heated glass block shower.
View from VDM's outdoor poolside wet bar.
Entrance gate to VDM.
VDM Livingroom.
VDM's living room has an unobscured panoramic view of the Atlantic Ocean.
The dining room, just off the kitchen and the barbeque deck.
Dining room seating area.
Two level barbeque deck, facing the Carribean Sea, off the dining room.
VDM's kitchen is fully loaded and open to the dining room on one side and living room on the other.
The Master Bedroom, king bed.
Adjoining Master Bath with two person glass block shower.
VDM Guest bedroom.
Private entrance one bedroom apartment's living room, with a pull out futon bed.
One bedroom apartment bedroom, queen bed.
Private entrance studio apartment, q
The VDM pool 'beach' at sunset.
La Vida es Bueno at Vista Dos Mares!
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Yardley, Pennsylvania
“Absolutely Perfect!”
Reviewed 24 April 2013 for a stay in April 2013
people found this review helpful

We stayed with family and friends at this very special place. The house is outfitted with everything you could possibly need. The views are amazing and from every angle, you feel completely isolated. Each room has a special feel and it is clear that the owners paid attention to every detail, so you feel relaxed and pampered. The location is high on Monte Santo, so the breeze is constant and in April it was just the perfect temperature to keep the windows open and comfortable.
The pool is so spectacular you almost don't want to leave to explore some of the most amazing beaches to be found! We all love to eat, yet we never ate out for dinner because the kitchen had all the materials to pull off wonderful meals. We did have lunch at the "Sol" food truck outside of the Garcia Gate, which was delicious!! We were just disappointed that they are only open limited days.
Do go down to the Pescaderia Angelyz-near the ferry, and get some fresh spiny lobsters-you will have a meal to remember!!
We would go back in a heartbeat!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The house is just so special, from the interior to the landscaping, but the pool is just the best!!
Liked least: Leaving...

person found this review helpful

Older travelers Luxury-minded travelers
nonnagall...
New York City, New York
“Fantastic views, amazing house, and everything we dreamed.”
Reviewed 7 January 2013 for a stay in December 2012
people found this review helpful

This house was everything it's advertised as and more. The views were spectacular – truly amazing. And I absolutely adored how it was decorated. We had a group of extended family. My parents occupied the lower level efficiency room just off the pool area. Our oldest daughter and her family (1 child) occupied the other lower level 1 bedroom apartment. Our other daughter and her boyfriend occupied the second bedroom on the main level along with us. Each area had its own private deck area, and the pool area is so large and spacious that we never felt cramped.

The trade winds are so wonderful that we never turned on the air conditioner. I loved falling asleep at night listening to the coqui frogs chirp. In the middle of the night the roosters would start to crow and sometimes dogs would bark, but it really didn't bother me. It is all just part of the island experience.

One of the really nice aspects of renting this property is how fully equipped it is for the perfect vacation. The kitchen has everything you really need to get along, including a very nice and robust blender for making the perfect pina colada :) For going to the beach, there were umbrellas, chairs, and straw mats. Since we were a large group (we had some others staying at the Trade Winds resort), we bought some extra chairs and boogie boards the first day there and left them, but if it had been just the 8 of us we would have been fine with what came with the house. The towels and linens were all soft and clean, and the refrigerator had lots of little things that you don't want to buy if you're staying for a week or so - like mustard, ketchup, hot sauce, etc...

The house manager, Wendy, was amazing! She went above and beyond the call of duty to help us with a special request. She was really great, and made us feel well cared for.

I like to be constructive with my criticism but I really don’t have any criticism to offer for this place. I’ve never rented from a private owner before, so I was a bit nervous about paying in advance for something unknown. And there were a couple times when I didn’t get prompt responses like I’d like, but they always did get back to me and I just had to learn to be patient (not one of my long-suits!). So, rest assured this place is legit.

Next time we are on Vieques with more than just the two of us, we will definitely rent this house!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The pool, the views, all the comforts of home
Liked least: The dryer took too long to dry towels...just like at home!
Travelling group: Extended Family
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Santa Fe
Reviewed 7 February 2012 for a stay in February 2012
person found this review helpful

A romantic getaway
CGUESS
Dallas
“Have stayed here 3 times -- the best!”
Reviewed 8 January 2012 for a stay in March 2011
people found this review helpful

My traveling companions and I have stayed at Vista Dos Mares three times over the last several years. We feel that this house is our own home away from home and have never been anything but pleased with the entire experience. The house itself is absolutely lovely. It's casual, but well furnished and has literally anything you might need for a week+ stay in paradise. The way the house is designed allows for 4 couples (if not 5) to stay in perfect comfort and PRIVACY with private bathrooms. Upstairs, you have two fairly equal master bedrooms. One has its own bathroom and the other has a bathroom immediately across the hall. Downstairs, there is a separate cabana room which is a sort of "efficiency" apartment of its own. It has a comfortable double bed, kitchenette, mini-fridge and very nice bathroom/shower arrangement. Then, there is the garden apartment with space for a couple to have absolute privacy and additional space to sleep 2 more on a sleeper sofa. We have never had a need for more than 4 separate private areas (3 couples + 1 single who took the cabana). I could honestly see 10 people here comfortably and not too cozy. The pool is wonderful and -- to me -- an absolute necessity when visiting Vieques. Mornings and early afternoon is for the beach. Then lunch in town and back to the house for pool time or a nap. The house sits atop the highest vantage point on the island and offers unimpeded views of two oceans. The landscaping is very well done and mature. All the bedrooms are air conditioned, though most of us never turn on the A/C. It's a nice plus for those who are sensitive to tropical temps or need some white noise to drown out the cacophony of frogs/dogs/roosters that commences every morning at about 6 am. I could go on and on about this property and how lovely it is. On top of that, the management is very responsive and professional. The process of leasing and payment, flawless. I highly recommend and will stay here again and again myself. Rarely have I taken a vacation rental where the pictures were not only truly reflective of the property, but actually fail to capture how wonderful this place really is. STAY HERE!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Everything. There is nothing not to like.
Liked least: Nothing. No complaints AT ALL.
Travelling group: With Friends
Your age range 35-49
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing