“Less buggy than advertised”
Review of Green Beach

More attraction details
Owner description: Located at the far western end of Puerto Rico, this narrow beach gets high ratings for diving the offshore reef in 10 to 30 feet of water, which features sloping valleys and huge coral.
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Was concerned about the reviews warning about drive and bugs. I found the whole area to be beautiful, and was well worth thye bumpy drive, which is standard fare for Vieques. We had no problems with bugs, but left by 1pm. Snorkeling was quite good out from last several parking spots to left at the "Y" or fork in the road.

Reviewed 1 April 2014

I read about how bad the roads were to this beach and thought it couldn't be that bad- wrong! It was horrible- my husband and kids thought it was fun, mostly it makes you car sick and it is at least 15-20 minutes of very bad road once you get off the main road. We were completely alone here- tried to snorkel- not much to see. Knowing what I know now, I would not do it again, however it was beautiful.

Reviewed 30 March 2014

We snorkeled Red, Blue, Secret, and Green beaches, as well as the Mosquito pier. I am 51, my wife is 44, and kids are 21,20, and 14. This was our first time snorkeling together and all were easy swims and we had a blast! The best beach was Green beach. Yes, you need a jeep and a sports bra on the last section of "road".When you get to the "t" at the west shore, go left about 100 yards where you find a spot to pull up to the beach on the right. You will be on a beautiful rocky point with a big Palm tree. Set up camp and snorkel! I liked going along shore to the right as you face the water We went early, got there by 8 AM, not buggy, no other people until another couple and showed up down the beach at noon, and the reef is right off shore in calm water. Saw Hawksbill sea turtle, swam with it for a long while. .
Next best snorkel was at Mosquito pier. Drive all the way out until you get to the little sentry hut and park on your left. There is a stairway and small dock down left (west), and as far as you can go towards the fence. Hop in and head right, along the breakwater to the pier and snorkel under the pier among the columns. So cool! Not scary! (well, maybe a little at first) My 14 year old son and 21 year old daughter loved it, had an easy time of it. Saw a Turtle here as well, and the columns are full of coral, anemones, barnacles, spongers, etc. Don't forget to take a close look! We went at about 3 PM, and sunlight was streaming in from the west, lighting up the columns. We went all the way out to the end of the pier and stared out into the abyss. Awesome!

1  Thank gklauer
Reviewed 30 March 2014

Green beach has some of the best snorkeling I have ever seen. The beach has very few visitors as it is a two mile dirt road that has huge pot holes, need 4 wheel drive to out there. It is so worth the ride out to the beach.

Reviewed 25 March 2014

You take yourself over a road that has seen many washouts , through a mangrove swamp and you will find a quiet paradise. Unspoiled, private beauty. Not a lot of shade on Green beach, but plenty of solitude.