“Nice views, a good walk”

Fortin Conde de Mirasol Museum
Reviewed 30 June 2013

You'll get a nice bit of exercise walking up from the plaza in Isabel II to the fort. The views up here are worth it. They have some neat historical displays that my son liked.

Reviewed 25 June 2013

We didn't get to the fort until our last day, but so glad we did. The view of Elizabeth II and the bay was amazing. Horses were enjoying mangos when we arrived. We got a wonderful short history lesson from the guide, and the art in the gallery was a great collection of masks. Please go and support them, as the project to restore the building has lost funding.

Reviewed 8 June 2013

you just give some $ donation for the fort maintenance, is very nice a great vie, nice pictures to take here, entrance is free , parking free, opens from 10am to 4pm. have a little store to shop!! you should't miss it!! is very nice

1  Thank boricua312
Reviewed 16 May 2013

A museum with very few tags in English...doesn't seem tourist friendly. Nice vistas, good place to take some pictures but honestly, between the book shop and the display, I'd skip going inside. It really didn't seem like it was set up for tourists.

Reviewed 8 April 2013

You can't go wrong visiting the Fort. The views are wonderful, the grounds are well kept and clean. The historty of the fort is interesting and much work has gone into restoring and maintaining it. For this I give them the upmost credit. As far as a museum, this has far to go. The exhibits are small and the space could be used better. Everything is in Spanish and I don't think a lot of locals go there, so this is very puzzling. It should be acessable to english speakers as well. I understand the modern struggle with the Navy, but there are hundreds of years of Isla Nena history that could be displayed or discussed in a variety of different ways. Finally, the condition of the metal artifacts is appalling. Museums conserve the artifacts, not let them fall apart in a plexiglass box. I wish them well. I'm sure funding is the biggest problem.