“Absolute Paradise”
Excellent
Los Cocos from the beach
Gate to beach
Los Cocos gate and sister property Las Piedras
Beach access next to house
Oceanfront patio
Be at the beach 24/7 without getting into a car!
view from patio
Perfect spot for morning coffee
The rooftop patio perfect for stargazing at night...
or late afternoon refreshment
Bright airy living area
Open concept
Plenty of room for lounging
Open shelving
kitchen
Master Bedroom
romantic lighting
2nd bedroom
Bathroom
the popular outdoor courtyard shower
Sit on the beach with everything you need steps away
special occasions!
horses on the beach
Yes, sometimes they like to swim!
Spectacular sunrise in front of house
view of Puerto Rico from rocks on La Chata
Sunset towards Puerto Rico mainland
Aerial view of Los Cocos and Las Piedras
The lights of St. Thomas and Culebra from patio
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
Eileen D
“Absolute Paradise”
Reviewed 23 March 2018 for a stay in February 2018

Even in the aftermath of Hurricane Maria, even without electricity, we had the best vacation in this beautiful spot of paradise on Vieques. The house is situated directly on the beach. The beach walk ends at a snowy-egret hatchery. What a wonderful sound and sight in the morning. You'll see horses as well on the beach. From Los Cocos it is an easy 20 minute walk into Isabel or simply just stay put on the sun-filled patio, in one of the hammocks or step onto the sand with your chair and wave-watch the afternoon away.
Jennifer was amazing in answering every question and rectifying anything that was not perfect for our stay. Rene, the on-island caretaker of the house, was the most pleasant person and was a great help to us. He was at the house to lend assistance in less than 20 minutes.
Although Maria was a category 5 hurricane, Vieques as an island and as a people, has risen above and is in full bloom again. The beaches are gorgeous. Yes there is much infrastructure work to be done, but the people are back to their jobs with their same friendliness as ever before. Come and experience this yourself.
Book a stay at Los Coco. You will not be disappointed! We're coming back and bringing friends.

26 Mar 2018
Thanks Eileen, for both your kind words and for being a wonderful guest! I love that you noticed the egrets, that Rene was helpful and especially that you found Los Cocos a relaxing place to vacation. You are VIP in my book and I’d love to have you return! Jennifer
Kelly C
“The best vacation we've ever had.”
Reviewed 23 March 2017 for a stay in March 2017

We're a well traveled family of four and have been fortunate enough to have visited numerous places in the Caribbean. Vieques was by far my favorite. We traveled with our two daughters 11 & 7 and they too had an amazing time.

The house is exactly as described and everything that a family of four needs. There is no television and that was absolutely fine with us. We spent most of our time sitting on the beach, exploring the island, swimming, snorkeling, shelling and watching the horses.

It's definitely a plus having a kitchen as breakfasts in are ideal for us. We cooked a few nights as well however there are numerous excellent restaurants on Vieques.

Safety never felt like an issue with us but as instructed, we always kept everything locked up as theft is an issue (as on any island).

Renting a Wrangler is definitely ideal as it took us to many gorgeous beaches around the island. A visit to Esperanza is a must. We also went horseback riding right near the house which was very fun.

Jennifer was incredibly helpful and patient with my hundreds of questions. She always responded in a quick and pleasant manner.

We will definitely be visiting again and if we need a bigger house will certainly look into Las Piedras.

Thank you Jennifer for letting us stay in your beautiful home. The experience was one filled with so many incredible memories.

Your age range 35-49
24 Mar 2017
Wow, what an amazing review, thank you Kelly! I'm so glad you and your family enjoyed both the house and Vieques, and that you think it compares favorably with other tropical destinations. I especially love that you were able to relax and make great memories together :)
I'd love to welcome you back to any of the houses!
Amy R
Madison, Wisconsin
“Wonderful, wonderful home!”
Reviewed 6 February 2017 for a stay in January 2017

This was my first experience in Vieques and have been back home for 3 whole days and miss it terribly! This house was so perfect for the friend trip we were on but would also be a wonderful romantic getaway. It opens directly onto the beach and we went in search of treasures every single morning. Sea glass and shells can be found in abundance. I thought the wild horse pictures were something that would only happen once in a blue moon. Nope. First morning, there they were.

I loved that the house did not have a TV and we had the chance to truly unplug for the week. Sleeping to the ocean waves was so relaxing. Do bring bug spray because if the wind diminishes, the bugs can become problematic if they like you!

Renting D'Arla's 4 Runner was great too. It is a bit of a beater but you want on that on the island. The pretty, new Jeeps are a waste of money in my opinion and you can spot the tourists quite easily if you are in one of those. Petty theft is present although we did not have any issues at all. Perhaps in part to D'Arla's lovely car.

Thank you so much Jennifer and Tom for the amazing experience. We will be back!!!!!!

Your age range 35-49
7 Feb 2017
Thanks Amy, for the kind words on the house and for taking the time to write about your experience at Los Cocos. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay (now you've made me want to plan a "friend trip" too!) Should your path bring you back to Vieques we'd love to have you back and consider returning guests VIP and a high compliment. I hope Wisconsin treats you kindly for the rest of the winter!
Marie G
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
“Lovely in Every Way”
Reviewed 23 April 2016 for a stay in April 2016
people found this review helpful

I'm just not the resort type. Wherever I go, I try to find something more private and less touristy. It's not that I don't want to see the typical sights, I'd just prefer to be more immersed in the local flavor of where I am. I was lucky enough to find Los Cocos and the house made a wonderful vacation even better. Confession-I usually rearrange furniture in every place I stay but at Los Coscos I didn't change a thing. It's just a fantastic home with great spaces inside and out.

The house is located right on the beach at La Chata, (on the Atlantic side) very near the Vieques capital of Isabel. This proved to be a fantastic location from which to get to multiple beaches in about 20 minutes and was very convenient to the grocery, the fish market, the two gas stations on the island and some small gift shops. Vieques isn't as charming/quaint as other Caribbean islands, but the people are friendly and the beaches are probably some of the best I have ever set foot upon.

Every day we were able to visit a different beach and come home to cocktails on the wonderful porch with its beautiful views of Culebra and St. Thomas to the right and mainland PR to the left. The water was gorgeous and there is enough beach for morning walks and a little shelling. When calm, it's also good for snorkeling, and when surfs up its fun to watch the locals ride the waves. Falling asleep to the sounds of the ocean was so peaceful. The bed is really comfortable which is super important after full days out exploring. The outside shower is awesome and the only one we used. The kitchen is well supplied but could have used a good scrubbing/organizing in the pots and pans cubbies. Other than that you have an ice maker, dishwasher, blender, coffee maker, toaster, microwave, plenty of dish wear and Wifi.

There is a washer and clothes line for drying, snorkel gear, beach chairs, towels, cooler and charcoal grill. You can ask in advance to rent D'Arla's four runner as you will need a vehicle that can do some off-roading if you want to see the most beautiful beaches. Both Tom and D'Arla are very responsive if you need anything or have questions.

April is a great month to visit-we had picture perfect weather and the mosquitos were not at all bad (a great breeze all week was very helpful) but keep the bug spray handy depending on your tolerance level. The house has no air conditioning but the ceiling and floor fans kept us perfectly cool. I would absolutely return to Los Cocos and rank it as a top vacation home on this wonderful island.

PS I also posted a review of Vieques island on Trip Advisor for those that are interested in beach hopping!

PPS General Vieques note. We were told there is lots of petty beach theft so we decided to buy waterproof snorkel cases to stash our S Note 4, keys and cash. I tied it to my bikini for snorkeling and it worked like a charm and gave us peace of mind to be out in the water together for hours.

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
26 Apr 2016
Thanks Marie, for your kind words and taking the time to write this comprehensive review, future guests will thank you for it! I also appreciate the reminder to do a spring clean of the kitchen area, during season it's a challenge to keep up but we absolutely need to know and I'll put that at the top of the list. Safe travels wherever the road leads and should your path bring you back to Vieques we'd love to have you return to Los Cocos!
debrak565
“Excellent location”
Reviewed 16 January 2016 for a stay in January 2016
person found this review helpful

Los Cocos is a beautiful house that opens right onto the beach. The beach is beautiful and the area is full of coral that is perfect for snorkeling. The wild life, wild horses, roosters, lizards, iguanas...are all entertaining and add to the tropical environment. This was our second trip to Vieques and instead of spending a couple of nights, we chose to spend our entire 10 days on the island. The owners and caretakers of the house are awesome people and are more than willing to answer questions and give suggestions of places to go. The house had all the necessary items needed to cook your own meals if you chose to. It is close to town and grocery stores. It was like being in heaven to go to sleep every night with the sound of the ocean. I highly recommend this house to anyone wanting to stay on the ocean.

Travelling group: Friends
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
Melanie E
Ellicott City, Maryland
“Jewel beside the sea”
Reviewed 1 December 2015 for a stay in November 2015

Outstanding property which was very well maintained and included everything my family of four needed for the week. The views from verandas and roof are unprecedented. The sound of the surf is your constant companion. D'Arla and Tom our managers were made sure that we were well informed about the property and surrounding town. D'Arla also gave us a ride around town pointing out all the best spots for meals and shopping. There words of wisdom were very, very helpful. We enjoyed jogging around town each morning and visiting the various beaches north, south and east each day. We would highly recommend this property to visit and look forward to joining them again. The owner Jenni also owns the property right next door so rental of both houses can accommodate larger groupings. Enjoy

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Proximity to ocean and property security
Liked least: Nothing
Travelling group: Teenagers
Your age range 50-64
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children People with pets
Jodi R
“Birthday in Paradise”
Reviewed 29 September 2015 for a stay in September 2015

I loved this trip and loved the owner, Jennifer. The housekeeper was amazing and the whole stay from the location to the decorations to the beach and the sea glass on the beach was fabulous. The responsiveness of the owner was wonderful. I can only say amazing things and would love to live here everyday, but I guess then it wouldn't be paradise. Thank you Jennifer!! I have already booked my stay for next year! Loved everything about this place, the island and the people. The home is exquisite and the location is amazing.

Travelling group: Other
1 Oct 2015
Thanks so much Jodi...guests like you are a pleasure to host and there is such satisfaction in hearing that you loved the house, the island, and your trip! We're excited to welcome you back and until then, have a wonderful year :) Jennifer
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing
;