“Glad that I stayed”
Review of Amapola Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Isla de Vieques
Amapola Inn
Ranked #24 of 32 Isla de Vieques B&B and Inns
Bay City, Michigan
“Glad that I stayed”
Reviewed 13 January 2012

Good rooms, good service, good people, good beds. I'm glad that I stayed here I would do it again.

• Stayed December 2011
1 Thank Gilgamesh42

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
New Haven, Connecticut
Reviewed 21 August 2011

I stayed at the Amapola in August 2011 with my 12 year old daughter. We got the cheapest room which was $92 per night with tax. The room was small but clean. The food at the on-site restaurant was good and there were plenty of choices for vegetarians (I recommend the eggplant fries). The beach was directly across the street from the restaurant but the view is partially obstructed. The view during dinner was definitely above average. (See pictures.) Overall, the location is great; it has access to all the things the island has to offer for both day time activities as well as nightlife.

The best thing about this hotel was the service; the entire staff that we encountered was helpful but one employee in particular, the desk worker/waitress, stood out (unfortunately I didn't get her name). She was friendly, courteous, knowledgeable and helpful- an all together joy to be around. Really, my only complaint is that the hotel has no internet access. I'll probably stay here again next time I visit Vieques.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank Colin T
Kyle, Texas
Reviewed 18 July 2011

We absolutely loved it here! It's kind of a secret hiding place behind a restaurant (Bili -- which is delicious by the way!) Once you step behind the restaurant there's a porch and some beautiful tall trees that make you feel like you're not in the city. It's not noisy at all and the bedrooms are very colorful and clean. The shower was big enough for 2 people. It's a stand-up shower, and I think this was the only place that I showered with warm water. The experience was wonderful and was close to everything we were looking for, snorkeling, jet-skiing, food, etc.

We'll most certainly be back!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Yazrik2727
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 9 January 2011

If you're going to Vieques island, you will want to soak up the Esperanza scene and Amapola Inn offered a nice place! Same pricing as the rest of the street, easy to get to restaurants for every meal, walk to Sun Beach, walk to van pick up for kayak tours, etc.
Wifi is free for customers from the bar/restaurant area. Ask for beach towels to borrow (on deposit).
Bedroom in one of 3 studios in a separate building in the back was large, 1 king bed, 1 double bed, kitchenette with dishes, large bathroom. Bright colors, nothing too fancy, which is exactly the beach town is!

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank WalnutStreet
PR
Reviewed 4 April 2010

Amapola is a quaint little inn on the Malecon in Esperanza, Vieques. Its bright paint and wall murals catch the eye. The owner, Miguel, was very accommodating and let us lock our things in storage until check in and after check out. There is also a restroom and outdoor shower for rinsing off before catching the ferry back to PR. The rooms are basic, island style (meaning the matresses are hard, not everything is well-maintained). There was a rocking toilet in my room and rust around the tub. I also saw some cabinets with broken doors, but the rooms are air conditioned and the staff was constantly sweeping and mopping to keep things looking nice as everyone was tracking in sand. The restaurant Bili's in the inn was attractive but seemed overpriced. We bypassed it and went down the street to Belly Buttons. Although I didn't hear much noise on the night we were there, the Malecon area is sometimes loud at night.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank PrTravelbug
Florida
Reviewed 4 March 2010

It was one of the best spots I have gone with my friends. The island is beautiful and the beaches are incredible; however the hotel is in the perfect location and the service is excellent and also a great value. We also took Captain Chef Charters tour it was the best way of getting to know the island and all its secrets, plus captain Miguel was great and the food better.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled with friends
Massachusetts
Reviewed 14 December 2009

Amapola Inn was a great choice for my beach vacation. A small and comfortable inn, with great service. The people who work there want you to feel as comfortable as possible. The restaurant in the inn (Bili) was delicious! There is no need to eat anywhere else. The street, Esperanza, has a great mood, with music and people walking around and a beautiful scenery. I would go back any time! :)

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple