“Nice place to Get Food and Sit in the Shade”
Review of Ocean View Bar & Grill - CLOSED

Ocean View Bar & Grill
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Caribbean, Bar, Seafood, Spanish, Grill, Pub
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Located in the Ocean View Hotel, on the water-front in Isabelle II on the island of Vieques, PR. Just up from the Ferry. Serving Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner Tuesday - Saturday. Sunday Brunch 8:00 - 1:00. Disco 9:00 pm - Close Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Closed Monday.
Grand Rapids, Michigan
“Nice place to Get Food and Sit in the Shade”
Reviewed 17 August 2013

We didn't eat much. This restaurant is an outdoor, beach restaurant with a limited menu. We are veggies and had trouble finding more than French Fries and Corn sticks. We tried the Mufongo and that is definitely an acquired taste. My friends had fish tacos and chicken and said it was okay. The restroom is nice since the one in the park is without running water and toilet paper.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank LaurieSusan

Harpers Ferry, West Virginia
“Once good, once bad”
Reviewed 7 April 2013 via mobile

We here the first night and the sevice
was a little slow but the food was very good. We had carnitas (pork tacos) and really enjoyed them. It was good enough that we went back, but the second night was a totally different experience. While we enjoyed watching the drunk 50 year old women hit on the 30 year old guys, the service was ridiculous. We got the same table we had the night before and sat there for 20 minutes while the bartender waited on maybe 3 people but never acknowledged us even though we were right in front of him. We kept watching him text on his phone and walk around and chat with people, including walking by our table several times, but never helped us with anything. Eventually we left and went to Bananas for the second time and really enjoyed it. When I was leaving, the bartender was out back smoking and still texting. He looked at me, said nothing and went back to his texting. That's alright, he could have been making money while he was working instead of worrying about which guy his girlfriend was hanging out with while he was "working."

• Visited April 2013
Denver, Colorado
“Very mediocre restaurant with a great view”
Reviewed 1 July 2012

My son and I went to this restaurant based on previous trip advisor ratings. I'm not quite sure why it was ranked so highly. While the view is very nice overlooking the water near the ferry, the food and ambiance was not. We were the only one's in the restaurant and it left much to be desired.it was dirty, paint peeling off the walls and definitely could use an update.

Our salads were fine. We both ordered the shish kabobs. My son got the steak/lobster one. The meat looked like it had been out way too long and it smelled and tasted horrible, so I told him not to eat anymore because I was worried he was going to get sick. The lobster was fine, but we were so put off by my son's steak that we didn't eat much more. I wouldn't recommend this place and know that there are way better places to eat in Vieques than this one.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank kkendallgrove
, Owner at Ocean View Bar & Grill, responded to this review, 5 July 2012
Being the first review of this ilk, I must say that I have taken some time to think about it before responding. As the owner, I am obviously displeased with your experience. However, I must ask the question, "Why, if you were displeased, did you not give us the opportunity to improve your experience?" I am truly sorry you did not have good experience here. My advice to you is, if things are not up to your expectations, let someone know: we want you to have the best experience. Best of luck in the future.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“From morning til nighttime”
Reviewed 27 May 2012 via mobile

I was recently in pr to visit my grandma and I stumbled upon this restaurant! I went in for a drink and kept coming back. They have something going on, for every type of scenario. From brunch with the family, to happy hour with the locals, to a club you can party at until 5am

1 Thank pannolo
skonsin, Owner at Ocean View Bar & Grill, responded to this review, 29 May 2012
Thanks!
Olathe, Kansas
“Lovely outdoor Restaurant”
Reviewed 12 May 2012

The Ocenview Bar & Grill is a lovely, relaxing restaurant for outdoor dining. The bar & grill are beautiful. I especially like the wood furniture they have. As soon as I walked in the over sized chair was calling my name. The menu is very good. However, I ordered a couple of tapas which are $1 and $2 and a house salad. My father ordered a BBQ pork sandwich and my mom ordered the Lobster Pincho. Both enjoyed their meal. You must keep in mind when you visit Vieques that time is of no consequence for them. So expect to wait a while for your meal - we waited about 45 mins. However, the view is so lovely you really don't notice the length of time it takes to get your meal. The cost is pretty average as to what you will find for a nice meal on Vieques.

Sit back relax and ease into the Caribbean way of life at the Ocen View Bar & Grill.

• Visited May 2012
skonsin, Owner at Ocean View Bar & Grill, responded to this review, 14 May 2012
Thank you for your thoughts.