“Good and cheap”
Review of El Resuelve

El Resuelve
Cuisines: Caribbean
Reviewed 10 July 2013

Great for a quick lunch of any kind of empanada you can think of. Also, excellent ribs, mofongo, and conch salad. Perfect after a long morning at the beach.

Reviewed 26 June 2013

I highly recommend this place for excellent, local Puerto Rican food. We enjoyed the empanadas especially the conch. Even the simple rice and beans were super tasty.

They have daily specials - part of the chalkboard menu is in English and other half is in Spanish.

Tips:
-cash only
-their hours vary, check prior to visit

Reviewed 26 June 2013

This is a place you should not miss! Locals and tourists alike enjoy the food, and ambience of El Resuelve. Their food is really quite good, prepared fresh, and their staff are very friendly. They make great traditional dishes, both platters and snacks like empanadas. I recommend picking up empanadas on the way to the beach (they make many different kinds such as shrimp, conch, ham/cheese, chicken, beef, etc.). They are delicious, and very filling. Easy to throw in your cooler and enjoy on the beach or boat!
Resuelve is very well-priced, actually food is cheaper than elsewhere on the island, and it is worth it. I highly recommend this place. Don't come to Vieques and miss an opportunity to eat quality traditional Puerto Rican food!

Reviewed 5 May 2013

We were the only non-Puerto Ricans in the place, which was nice, and they were friendly and patient with our lack of Spanish and general confusion. Order at the counter, and then be patient. The food was fresh and good, and it was fun being in a non-touristic family place

Reviewed 7 April 2013 via mobile

We stopped here for lunch and really enjoyed the local food. It's a bit intimidating if you don't speak Spanish - I can basically interpret a menu, but the result was some good fresh fish, rice and beans at a reasonable price. Unlike many places, not much is in English and no prices are listed, and the locals get bumped to the front of the line. The girl at the counter greeted us with "what do you want" and when we didn't answer immediately, went to a local, so I was a little l peaved at first, but tried to take it into account since the US Navy used their island for a bombing range for 50 years.
I would have gone 4 stars because of that, but my wife said 5. Everything improved after that, and all in all it was a good experience. If you want some real local flavor, stop here.
I feel like the prices fluctuate based on who you are. When I went up to pay at the end, she said $35 for 2 fish meals, fried shrimp and a shrimp empanada so it was a good value, but I didn't see any itemized bill or anyone else paying more than a couple dollars.