Hector's by the Sea
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Isla de Vieques
See available hotels
Hacienda Tamarindo(Isla de Vieques)
View Hotel
Malecon House(Isla de Vieques)
El Blok Hotel(Esperanza)
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
Bravo Beach Hotel(Isla de Vieques)
Hotel Kokomo(Culebra)
  • Free Internet
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
All reviewsblue horizonmangobeach chairshorses grazingcoffee makerbio baycaribbean seathe black sand beachlovely hostsloved staying heremini fridgeshort drivecome homesecret beachoff the beaten pathlaid backoverlooking the ocean
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 February 2013

My husband and I stayed here on the last leg of our Puerto Rico honeymoon. Hector is a character and could not have been a better host. My husband is a big fisherman and loves catching shellfish as well. He was determined to catch lobster while we were in Puerto Rico. Hector told him where he could find lobster (in the water right behind the hotel, which was convenient!) and when he caught lobster, Hector cooked it up for us! It was such a fun night. Every patio has a hammock, where I relaxed while my husband was lobstering. Beach chairs and a cooler are also provided, which is a nice touch. We stayed in villa 3, it was closest to the water. It has a kitchenette area with a sink. If you are staying at Hector's, and well, really if you are visiting Vieques at all, rent a 4 wheel drive jeep. You have to take a bumpy dirt road to get there. At first it seems like you are not going the right way, but you are. The hot tub is in the middle of the large field, and since there are only 3 villas total my husband and I had it to ourselves each night. The star gazing on Vieques is amazing, and viewing the stars from a hot tub is even better. I appreciated that we had the option to turn on an a/c unit. It made sleeping at night more comfortable. I would absolutely return to Hector's, in fact I hope to.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 February 2013

Spent 5 days here in early January. Loved every moment of it. Found ourselves at times just appreciating our view and the escape from the "real world" that Hector's provides. From eating just fallen mangoes to reading in the hammock to sitting in the hot tub under the stars, Hector's is what we wanted vacation to be.

We went to the Green Store the day we arrived and bought a case of Medella and a bottle of Don Q and had a drink every night before heading out for dinner. Hector and Mary treated us to a drink with them after helping them, a true treat. By the time we left, we felt part of the Hector's family.

It was our first booking based on TripAdvisor and I couldn't have been more pleased by the result. We can't wait to get back.

Room Tip: We stayed in Casita 1, and while it is the smallest of the three rooms, it was plenty big for us and being located up a floor, had a fantastic view.
3  Thank wallyguy
Reviewed 29 January 2013

Private, quiet, chilled out setting...well maintained pool and grounds
Fridge, balcony and everything worked...beach towels were an added bonus
Need transport to get about...we hired a motorbike which we think is better than a big 4x4...cheaper too...
Felt that helpful pointers were missing from the owners/host...we seemed to be told everything after we had done it, bought it, hired it, used it...oh you should have done this etc. EG.
Careful when using aircon as you will no doubt get in trouble!

Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank CeeGee1
Reviewed 29 January 2013

we were a little surprised that we had to go on a dirt road to get there but we loved our stay. spacious grounds and with just 3 units total, mary is able to provide top-notch recommendations and advice. love the clean, hot, 24-hour jacuzzi (we brought out a bottle of wine with us every night and always had the tub to ourselves!). love the fact that they even provide coolers and beach chairs!

Reviewed 25 January 2013

After reading the raving review on Trip Advisor and Yelp, a friend and I decided to book our stay at Hector's. The reviews were right! Our experience was more than we could have imagined. The photos on trip advisor don't do this place justice. The views are amazing. You are right on the beach and next door is a horse pasture and another small hotel. In other words, its very quiet. Going to bed and waking up to the sounds of the waves crashing was pure bliss. Mary and Hector were unbelievably friendly. We ate breakfast each morning consisting of mangos right off of Hectors trees. Delicious. I would recommend anyone stay at Hectors if you want a peaceful getaway. If you are looking for nightlife, maybe consider somewhere closer to downtown Esperanza, although Hectors is just a short drive or about a 10 minute walk from downtown.

I would also suggest renting an SUV. My car rental company convinced me that I would not need an SUV, but I would recommend it. Hector's is located off the main road and requires a short drive down a mildly steep rocky/dirt road. You can do it in a car, but an SUV would be best.

Travel light and have a lot of fun. This place is amazing and beautiful.

Room Tip: Casita #1 has the best view on the entire island
1  Thank Krys B