Casa de Amistad
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Bravo Beach Hotel(Isla de Vieques)
El Blok Hotel(Esperanza)
  • Breakfast included
Malecon House(Isla de Vieques)
View Hotel
Hacienda Tamarindo(Isla de Vieques)
Hotel Kokomo(Culebra)
  • Free Internet
  • Breakfast included
  • Beachfront
  • Pool
All reviewsice packsbeach towelscommunal kitchensnorkel gearfront porchguest houseisabel iiplace to stayferry dockother guestssmall poolmorning coffeeprivate bathroomgreat hostsfull kitchenthought of everythingcommon areas
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 October 2013 via mobile

Staying here made my time in Vieques a complete pleasure!

After booking, the staff sent lots of helpful information about getting there and getting around on the island which made it much easier on the day of arrival.

When I checked in, David took the time to explain all the sights of the island and how to get around. I was able to borrow a cooler box for the day at the beach, as well as an umbrella and beach chairs! Having cheap beers and water available from the honor bar was also great.

The room was comfortable and nicely air conditioned, bathrooms were modern and very clean. The hotel is in a good location near several restaurants and night spots, but is quiet enough in the evenings.

I would highly recommend staying here. Thanks again to the staff for making my stay so pleasant!

Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 September 2013

We had 6 ppl in the group and reserved 3 rooms. The owner is so friendly and the rooms are all clean and nice. It is a nice house itself with the cute back yard and small pool there, my mom loves the place so much and took a lot of photos. They have pretty much everything in the kitchen, you can go to the small grocery store near by to get some things back to cook if you want to stay on budget. They provide free stuff like beach chair, cooler, also water, beer, snorkeling gear at a fair price.

The best thing is they are right at the town by the ferry station, you can just walk there in 5 minutes.

Room Tip: I reserved their lately renovated rooms at the first floor for my parents and their friends, they love it, it is very country feeling and nicely decorated. More space too.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 September 2013

We spent two nights at the Casa from the 13th to the 15th of September. We stayed in one of the newly built rooms in the patio behind the pool - room number 9. It was fantastic! Very spacious, large bed, nice furniture, huge bath room, shower with natural lighting from the roof and the wall, and a well-functioning A/C.
The overall service is exceptional. You can rent snorkel gear, beach towels, and you get free coffee, sunshades, cooling bag, and body board for the beach. The communal kitchen is very well equipped. However, we never made use of it.
The patio by the pool is great for breakfast or to enjoy an evening beer or wine. We also plunched into the pool which was very refreshing.
Since we came over to Vieques by ferry (yes, we took the ferry and it was a great experience:-) the location of the Casa is very convenient. Just two blocks away from the ferry station.
We rented a car at Maritza's and they picked us up and brought us back to the Casa. So, no problem with that.

Room Tip: The newly built rooms 8 and 9 are a great choice for couples that want some comfort.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sascha F
Reviewed 6 September 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed at Casa de Amistad 8/30 through 9/2, what a fantastic experience! We stayed in Room 4. It was a great size for the two of us and the balcony was perfect for drying out our snorkeling gear! It was clean, the air conditioning worked well, and it was well decorated. If I had to suggest one thing it would be to put a small dresser in the room (or something with drawers to put clothes in).

The guesthouse had beach chairs, coolers, and beach towels for guests to use and snorkel gear to rent. It was fantastic to be able to use the kitchen, we even enjoyed some fresh avocados that Owen told us we should eat. Owen was extremely friendly and helpful; he gave us plenty of tips and ideas!

Loved our stay here! If you're on a budget, I would recommend basing yourself out of Isabel Segunda because there are amenities here and the beaches aren't far away. It was great to be able to walk to the supermarket from Casa de Amistad!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Casa de Amistad is hands-down the best place to stay if you want the comfort of a cozy Vieques home while traveling abroad, without paying a ridiculous amount for an unnecessarily luxurious hotel that's closed off from the rest of the island. If you're down to earth, and in search of a more local and authentic experience during your stay in Vieques, I could not recommend a better place than this.

I traveled alone on a very tight budget, and I know I couldn't have found a better deal or a more comfortable, cozy, and accommodating place to stay than Casa de Amistad. The owners, Owen and David, were extremely kind and generous. When my flight got delayed and I arrived way past check-in time, Owen drove to the airport in the middle of the night to pick me up himself and drive me back to the guesthouse. Once we arrived, I was welcomed to a clean, comfortable, and cool room, as he had readied the air-conditioner for me an hour earlier. By the end of my trip, I had woken up late and missed my flight out of the island. It was a disaster and I was of course panicking, but Owen was calm and gracious enough to take time out of his busy schedule to help me book another flight out in time to make my connecting flight. David then drove me to the airport as fast as he could, and I had time to spare!

Other pluses: This place is very close to the ferry, and also to some great restaurants. There are a few small markets in the area from which you can buy groceries to cook yourself - Casa de Amistad has a lovely kitchen that is fully stocked with condiments, spices, utensils, and cookware/dishware to prepare your own meals. There's also a dining area, an honor-system fridge stocked w/ beer and water, an entertainment room with books and TV, a lovely outdoor patio, and a spacious veranda with couches and decorated w/ lanterns.

Overall, Casa de Amistad is a lovely and extremely comfortable place to stay. I would choose this place over any unnecessary and overpriced hotel on the island. Owen and David made my trip luxurious in a way I never expected!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo