“Super Cute Hotel”

Casa de Amistad
San Francisco, California
“Super Cute Hotel”
Reviewed 13 November 2013 via mobile

The location is great, just 2 blocks from the ferry. It is operated by the owners and they are very helpful and welcoming. They have a little cute pool, a communed kitchen and living room if you want to mingle with the other guest. the rooms are big and clean. I only stayed for one night but I can see my self returning and staying for at least three days.

• Stayed November 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 1 November 2013

We travelled to Puerto rico to celebrate our first wedding anniversary. We made a visit to the vieques island for a day. After looking a couple of good reviews, we decided to book this Guest house and concluded that it definitely was not a mistake. It is very close to the ferry dock and the airport. We were given Room 8, which was unbelievably beautiful and neat. It had air conditioning. The hosts of the guest house were extremely warm and guided us to visit the best places in vieques since we were there only for a day. They provided us chairs, bottles of water, and beach towels. After a lot of traveling around, we had a good relaxed time at this guest house. It hs a nice little swimming pool and the house is surrounded by trees and plants. I wish we could stay longer. On our next trip, we will definitely stay again here.

To anyone visiting vieques, I highly recommend this place.

Room Tip: I recommend rooms 8 and 9. Newly renovated.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Key West
Reviewed 28 October 2013

This was my first trip to Vieques, Living and working In Key West I always suggest guest houses and all LOCAL... I at first had a hard time deciding where to book, many awesome places but Owen the innkeeper is what totally closed the sell!!!!! He is friendly, warm informative makes you feel safe , secure and in the mornings its like having coffee on his homes front porch talking the local news, politics national news and just fun great converstaion. Doing this along with other guest and locals like Mac stopping by with stories...The room was more than fine... I was alone and needed little. Slept WONDRERFULLY the breeze and my only little balcony to still have a ciggie!!!! love that. The honor sysyten to garb a beer or water etc in the den and gathering room was so comfortable. Convient and safe walk around all of Isbell...... And they even took me two my early am horseback riding tour (for I had no clue of where I was going) and saw me off at the airport like a family member. HIGHYLY recommend!!!!!!! And a big thank you

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank BLRKeyWest
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 17 October 2013

Casa de Amistad is a one of a kind place. The utmost care has been put into each room, public area, and pool area.

I can't say thank you enough for such a lovely night on the island of Vieques. Every need we had was covered and then some. I highly recommend staying here and will direct all my friends to do so if on the island.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
NYC
Reviewed 16 October 2013

Casa Amistad is in the center of Isabel Segunda (the larger of the two towns on the island.) It is run by Owen, David and Dan (all mid-westerners) and they do a superb job in offering the most comfortable stay you could hope for and all for very reasonable prices. From the spacious common kitchen to the pristine pool, they keep the place in a tip top spotless condition. There's a tv room and excellent wifi too (streamed HBO fine) too.

Having stayed at Amistad over 6 times now, I can honestly say these guys go far, far out of their way to make you feel at home. They will arm you with all the information you might need to find the best beach (Plata), bar (Al's at sunset) or restaurant (it's a toss up). In short, if you are like us and want to find a warm, friendly, inviting place that won't bust your budget, it is right here.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed 15 October 2013

Very nice Guest House. Located in Esabel II. The Owner is great, very friendly and Helpful. The rooms are very comfortable, well cleaned. The external area is Beautiful, with a very nice swimmingpool. Although the bathroom was not ensuit, it was private and very nice. The offer beach towels and chairs. Great Value and would recommend anyone to stay here.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 October 2013 via mobile

Staying here made my time in Vieques a complete pleasure!

After booking, the staff sent lots of helpful information about getting there and getting around on the island which made it much easier on the day of arrival.

When I checked in, David took the time to explain all the sights of the island and how to get around. I was able to borrow a cooler box for the day at the beach, as well as an umbrella and beach chairs! Having cheap beers and water available from the honor bar was also great.

The room was comfortable and nicely air conditioned, bathrooms were modern and very clean. The hotel is in a good location near several restaurants and night spots, but is quiet enough in the evenings.

I would highly recommend staying here. Thanks again to the staff for making my stay so pleasant!

Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
#1 of 1 in Esperanza
Club Seabourne
Club Seabourne
#1 of 4 in Culebra

Been to Casa de Amistad? Share your experiences!