“Was there for a wedding.”
Review of Casa de Amistad

Casa de Amistad
“Was there for a wedding.”
Reviewed 29 March 2014

I just got back from a wedding in vieques, Puerto Rico. My parents and I looked for a nice place to stay and I came up on casa de amistad... Now I must say this place is really nicer then I expected!!... It's a nice little guesthouse for people who want a place to rest from a long day out.. It's right down the street from a lot of restaurants and bars... But I suggest you rent a car if you want to get around... They have cabs for 5 bucks a person but I still recommend you rent a car... My family didn't really need a car because we stayed mostly with out family for the wedding but I will rent one the next time... Owen is also a nice person to talk to and he will help you out if you need anything... Very friendly person and I would stay here again.. A great place for couples to stay at... My parents are very picky and didn't like that there weren't TVs in the room but I didn't come on vacation to watch tv ... Idk about my parents but I'm gonna stay here again the next time I come!!! Hopefully I have gf by then to stay with lol... Again rent a car when you stay on this island !!!!!! If you wanna explore it!!! We didn't need one because we did things mostly as a big group so we rented a big van 5 bucks a person ....

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Omar M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Ponce, Puerto Rico
Reviewed 18 March 2014

Stayed just one night in this beautiful place… already planning the next one.

Owen (owner): AMAZING HUMAN BEING, caring, helpful and very familial

ROOM: clean and good space, organic products (which is really important, but of utmost importance in an little island)

HOTEL: beautifully decorated & comfortable. With many ammenities and near of port

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Yolanda S
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 12 March 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for a day in room number 9 in this guest house. What a lovely little place. Everything was so clean and well organized. Very homely feel at this place. Nice little pool outside the room just relax late into the night. The owner is very accommodating. We could not find a cab to take us to the bioluminescent bay so he even offered to give his car. Didn't need the car at the end though. I would definitely stay here again the nice time I'm here.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sushruth E
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Reviewed 11 March 2014

My husband and I just loved Casa de Amistad. We spent two nights out of four on Vieques there and we would have been happy to spend all four (we were also at the Hix Island House, which was really nice but for the price,you can't beat this place). The kitchen and common areas were exceptionally clean and peaceful. There was everything you could need available for beach trips. We were happy to have a great place to unwind and relax. We stayed in room 9 and it was gorgeous. I'd love to have whoever decorated that room to come do my house at home. I can't recommend this place enough.

Room Tip: #9 seemed like it could be too busy b/c it was next to the pool, but it was so nice and quiet at nig...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank klsyking
boston
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Just returned from 9 nights here and have to say it totally exceeded our expectations (even tho we had little). Owen is the perfect host. The inn is clean and very well maintained. The kitchen stocked with every little item you would need. Chairs and coolers and towels and snorkel gear are all available for beach trips. Ice and ice packs are plentiful. Just a wonderful little place to stay. I can not wait to go back!

Room Tip: We stayed in room one, which was great with its own bath. Windows overlook the courtyard, so if you...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank jdgosox
Baltimore, Maryland, United States
Reviewed 4 March 2014 via mobile

I was here with two girlfriends for a nearby wedding. The accommodation was very comfortable and clean
; there were helpful extras such as coolers and snorkel gear available and everyone was friendly. Perfect for our needs. Central but quiet.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 28 February 2014

We were only on the island for two days, but Owen and Dan made sure we knew where to go and what to see to make the most of our time. They are the perfect hosts and the guest house is charming ! The property was full when we arrived, but we still felt like we and our friends were the only ones staying there. Owen and Dan give all of their guests individualized attention. Details like chairs, coolers and towels to take to the beach were a great addition to the clean comfortable room.

Room Tip: There are only two rooms with King beds, so if that is a priority book early!
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends