“Excellent place to stay!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Isla de Vieques
Estancia de Manzanares Guest Rooms
Ranked #12 of 32 Isla de Vieques B&B and Inns
Newark, California
“Excellent place to stay!”
Reviewed 20 October 2013

We went to Vieques for the bio bay tour and only needed a place to stay for 1 night. Paul is very helpful and friendly. He provides transportation from/to the airport/ferry terminal and even gave us a ride to Esperanza! They have different packages to suit your needs. The rooms are clean and spacious. Oh, and they are horses walking around!!!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Paul M, Owner at Estancia de Manzanares Guest Rooms, responded to this review, 21 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us, I want you to know that it is very much appreciated.

I'm happy to hear that our room suited your needs and the horses are still hanging around waiting for your next visit.

Again, thank you for your review.

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Reviewed 15 September 2013 via mobile

Paul was extremely helpful with anything we needed. Accommodations are basic, but you really don't need much more with the beautiful island at your finger tips. We went to the local fish market and cooked a gourmet meal in our studio. I suggest getting the package that includes the car for ease of exploring! We will be back!

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Tara K
Paul M, Owner at Estancia de Manzanares Guest Rooms, responded to this review, 29 September 2013
First, thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us, it is very much appreciated. Second, there is nothing better than to hear our previous guest will return and we look forward to that day.

We like to think of our place a basic too, with a few extra surprises mixed in. We are happy you enjoyed your time on Vieques and your stay at Estancia de Manzanares.

Durham, North Carolina
Reviewed 14 September 2013

My partner and I stayed at Estancia de Manzanares B&B for a week while on vacation in Vieques. A clean and safe place to sleep and keep our things while we explore and a good value are important to us, we don't require room service or a daily sheet change. We also often require a full kitchen in case the restaurants aren't good about accommodating my food allergy so this was a great place for us. It was exactly as other's have described, as was the owner, Paul, who provided transportation to and from the airport. He lives downstairs and was therefore available anytime we had a question, but was in no way intrusive. As an added bonus, he has rescued two adorable puppies that welcomed us every time we came home by wagging their tails.

The room and bathroom were super-clean, comfortable, and had everything we needed. There were ample clean and soft bath towels. The kitchen had a full sized refrigerator, microwave, oven, and was stocked with dishes, cups, and cutlery. The bed was large, comfortable, and had soft sheets. There were many TV channels with perfect reception and the wi-fi was adequate. In addition to providing everything we needed in the room, Paul also provided two beach chairs, a cooler, and snorkel gear for two.

EdM is conveniently located on a main road in the center of the island. It is very close to the NWR entrance, a few minutes to Esperanza, and ~10 minutes to Isabel II. While it is on a main road it was quiet and we had no trouble sleeping, the horses were actually louder than the cars, and we felt very safe.

We deposited several pounds of sand into Paul's Mitsubishi Montero while we were there, from getting in and out of the vehicle at the beach and added a scratch or two from the thorny bushes that sometimes obstructed the road. I was so glad we didn't have a traditional rental where they would charge us for each one. Paul was so cool about the wear and tear we put on his vehicle, and about our returning the SUV with tons of sand inside and covered in mud on the outside.

EdM was part of why we had a great, and very affordable, vacation. The price wass unbeatable and it had everything we needed. I would, and have already, suggest EdM to friends and family heading to Vieques.

Room Tip: I think both rooms (Verde and Azul) are practically identical. Both on the second floor of the hous...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank allergicToDairy
Thank you so so much for taking the time to review your stay and I must say, when you write a review, you really write a review-which is very much appreciated.

I'm happy you found the room clean, it is important to us that we have a clean & comfortable place and glad you enjoyed and used the galley kitchen & supplies. It can be tough sometimes here for guest who have specific food allergies which is one of the reasons we put the galley kitchens in the rooms.

The pups TiTi and TiTo say "rugh rugh" and I know they enjoyed the attention the two of you showed them, they love people and getting attention.

I hope your future travels have you coming back to our lil island of paradise and I hope you will choose Estancia Manzanares upon your return. Thanks again for taking the time to write such a detailed review.

Gordon, Texas
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Great place to stay for those on a budget. Location is super - right down the road from a beautiful beach and just south of Isabel II. For those hesitating - you really need a form of transportation on the island no matter where you stay. Scooter, car, something! You will need to drive to everything, but the island is easy to navigate and there are no long distances. Paul was a great host - very helpful and knowledgeable about the best places to go and super accomodating about my no dairy/no gluten dietary restrictions. He made the most amazing egg/sausage muffins for me and a spinach/egg omlet I am still dreaming about! He even drove us to the early morning ferry with egg muffins and coffee to go - a dream host!!! We feel very spoiled and well taken care of.

The beach kits were nice to have, though I would suggest an umbrella added to the mix. We had umbrella envy on the beach and could not find a place to rent one - sun gets really warm - and you want to enjoy every minute of beach time but hard to do with no umbrella.

The bed was huge and comfy, nice hot water, clean room - only issue was the AC didn't really cool the unit down at night. It is helpful to keep the bathroom door closed to help the situation but if you need a cold room in order to sleep, this AC will not cut it. Minor detail but this is important to some and usually the reason they search out rooms with AC to begin with.

We did take advantage of Paul's car the last day and unfortunately it broke down 30 minutes after we left. Paul came to fetch us as soon as possible (all taxis were completely backed up) and covered the cost of the scooter rental for that day. All car rentals were booked solid so we eneded up on the scooter - worked just fine and made quite a story! It was an unfortunate circumstance that Paul was very apologetic about and remedied as soon as possible.

I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TXND
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review and for such a detailed one at that. I must say the best part was that you would stay with us again, I couldn't ask for better endorsement and please know that upon your next visit, the vehicle wiring issue has been resolved.

I'm glad you enjoyed your breakfast and I was more than happy to do my best to accommodate your dietary needs.

I truly hope to see the two of you back here soon, I'll have a spinach omelet ready and waiting.

GA
Reviewed 28 August 2013

My husband and I were looking for a beach vacation off the beaten track and Paul's place and Vieques is a hidden gem!! The place was great, clean, and there were always wild horses right outside our door eating off the mango trees on the property. It is a perfect location located right down the street from the islands best beaches and in between the island's 2 towns. Paul was great! And the place was a steal for the price since we got to use his jeep too!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
WOW! Thank you for the great title and for taking the time to review your stay with us.

I'm so very happy that you found the place "Perfect" and I hope I can live up to that from here on out. The horses are still grazing and the beaches are still close and clear blue.

I try to keep my prices reasonable for the budgeted and non-budgeted traveler alike and yes we think it's a "steal" too for the price and what we offer.

I hope you'll find your way back to our lil island of paradise sometime in the near future.

Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed 26 August 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here in February of 2013. It was awesome and had everything we needed in the nicely-sized studio apartment. The manager, Paul, is really cool and very helpful. He let us use his jeep and when it had problems, he paid for a new jeep rental so we could get to the beaches. We really liked our stay here :)

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Thanks for taking the time to write a review, I know after a trip things can be somewhat hectic catching up with everything while one is away so thank you.

Again, sorry for the vehicle issue you had and I'm happy we could get it all worked out so you didn't have to waste much time getting back out to sun and fun.

I hope to see the two of you back here soon!

Stow, Ohio
Reviewed 12 August 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed 6 nights in early August at Paul's B&B. It was a wonderful stay and we would not have changed anything about the accommodations! It was a great deal for the time of year we went and that we were able to use Paul's car to get around the island. Paul picked us up and dropped us off at the airport. We stayed in the azul room with the vehicle option. The bed was comfy and huge - we could have fit another person in it. The room had a tv with dish network, a/c unit, plenty of bath towels and beach towels for the week, pots and pans, kitchen utensils, refrigerator, stove, microwave, beach chairs and mats, small cooler, and snorkel gear. I really enjoyed the location as it was easy to get to the best beaches on the island and it was quiet at night. We had no trouble falling asleep to the Coqui and the roosters did not wake us up in the morning. It was a wonderful experience when the horses came to Paul's backyard to drink water. Wonderful stay for travelers on a budget! We hope we can come back to the island very soon! :)

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AlBalJ
Paul M, Owner at Estancia de Manzanares Guest Rooms, responded to this review, 15 August 2013
Allie,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay, love the title of your review "Stay Here!!", I can't think of a better way to put it.

I really enjoyed getting to know you guys and am so happy to read that you not only enjoyed staying with Estancia de Manzanares but our lil island of paradise as well.

The horses are still making their daily visits and I'm sure they will be happy to see when you return in the future...hint hint.