“New Gem in Vieques”

Coqui Fire Cafe
Price range: US$8 - US$30
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Coqui Fire Cafe is located two blocks from Blackbeards on Calle Carlos Lebrum. We are open Mon-Fri 5-9 pm. We serve Interior Mexican Food with an International flare. We offer an upscale casual dinning experience with affordable prices....
“New Gem in Vieques”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Mexican food done the right way! Love the atmosphere and friendly owners! The chef cut me an extra special ribeye steak (22oz) and it was cooked perfectly. My wife loves the Pork Carnitas...you have to try them. They now have a liquor license and make an amazing Margarita!

3 Thank MilesGilreath

Sebastian, Florida
“Amazing food and service!!”
Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

Our party of 4 went here for my friends birthday and loved it. All of the meals we had were delicious and the choice of sauces were impressive. No matter how you like your Mexican, mild to fire Coqui has you covered. The service was friendly and fast and prices are great. Great find in Vieques!!

2 Thank hummingbird02
Richmond, Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent”
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Best meal I have had in a long time.... Owner (Chef) and his wife are great folks, who go out of their way to make it a wonderful dining experience... Dont miss it!!

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Jack T
New Holland, Pennsylvania
“Great experience!”
Reviewed 30 April 2014

We decided to visit Coqui Fire on the last evening of our one week stay on Vieques. We were very glad we did! After having a poor experience the night before we were glad to out with such a good meal. For and appetizer we go the Ceviche (Tuna marinated in I believe lime juice and vinegar?). Fantastic! I got the special which was a center cut pork chop with a mesquite/apple glaze over garlic mashed potatoes and my wife got a taco salad. She raved that it was the best taco salad she ever had. My pork chop was delicious as well as the potatoes. Prices were very reasonable as well. It's a little out of the way but worth the effort to find! Be sure to make reservations early as it is a small place.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Ricfel
New England
“Small place, big flavors”
Reviewed 28 April 2014

The food was great, the service was attentive, and the drinks were mediocre (rum punch and mojito). We liked that the chef came out and talked to us. I had the shrimp with the coconut mole sauce and it was big on flavor. I loved it. Hubby got the las carnitas, and he really enjoyed it. Both of us had enough leftover to eat for lunch the next day.