“Great atmosphere and people”
Review of Coqui Fire Cafe

Coqui Fire Cafe
Price range: US$8 - US$30
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Coqui Fire Cafe is located two blocks from Blackbeards on Calle Carlos Lebrum. We are open Mon-Fri 5-9 pm. We serve Interior Mexican Food with an International flare. We offer an upscale casual dinning experience with affordable prices....
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great atmosphere and people”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

From the bartender to the owner to the chef, this place is top notch! Food was amazing, had the carnitas and the sangria, husband had big kahuna burrito and we finished it off with coconut cream cheesecake, homemade! Chef even came out to talk to us and see if everything was up to par! Cozy place, we will return!

Houston, Texas
“Great food and friendly service”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

The fajitas, enchiladas and ceviche were great! Don;t miss this place! The prices were reasonable. We went on a Tuesday night and is was not busy.

Visited June 2014
“Great even for a Texan”
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Coming from Houston, we eat Mexican food of all different shapes and sizes. Often. I wish I could pack Coqui Fire in my suitcase and bring it home with me. The food was delicious. And the variety of homemade hot sauces fun! oh. and they make a different flavor of cheesecake everyday that you'll want to try. Although they had the meals we ordered, I did hear them running out of things later in the evening, so it might be best to go a little early so you aren't limited.

Denver, Colorado
“Best meal we've had on this trip”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

I had to convince my family that this was the place we should try for our one dinner out while in Vieques (the Tex-Mex descriptions don't do it justice), but by the time we sat down and had one bite, they were thanking me for sticking to my guns. The ceviche was so good, with housemade chips. My son and I were fishing for fish before giving up the dish. Then the chorizo and queso. YUM! While the taste was a bit different for the kids (mole-ish?), I LOVED it. Devoured. While all of our entrees were fantastic, the winner of the night was my husband's carnitas. Oh. My. Really, even the kids were lauding it's greatness. The tenderest, slightly sweet, so savory cut of porky-goodness. My husband is a BIG fan of pig, has had pig from all over the world, and he says this is likely the best he's had. Then the cheesecake. Oh, that crust. This is a different take on the dessert, very original, and oh-so-dreamy. There's a heat to it, so our girls were not as impressed, but the rest of us are more adventurous with our tastes and ooh-ed and ahh-ed our way through. To top it all off, the service, from our server Mariah, to the proprietor, to the chef (who visited us frequently throughout the meal), was so welcoming and friendly, we all agreed this was the best dinner we've had on this trip, actually the best dinner we've had in a long time. Thanks Coqui Fire!

1 Thank shoobowen-staff
Brooklyn, New York
“GO GO GO”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Very casual and simple place but great food and service. The owner and everyone who worked there could not have been nicer. And who would expect great tex-mex in Vieques. But there you go!

Visited June 2014