“Amazing restaurant!”

Coqui Fire Cafe
Price range: US$8 - US$30
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Coqui Fire Cafe is located two blocks from Blackbeards on Calle Carlos Lebrum. We are open Mon-Fri 5-9 pm. We serve Interior Mexican Food with an International flare. We offer an upscale casual dinning experience with affordable prices....
Reviewed 24 July 2014

This restaurant was amazing. I ate there twice and both times it was delicious. I had the burrito grande and the nacho grande and they were the best burrito and nachos I've ever had. They made them quick and the people there were nice and polite.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

This was simply the best dinner of our entire vacation! Carnitas were amazing! It was so good that before we left we made reservations for the following night! The pork nachos were phenomenal! The ambience and service are as good as the food. Very nice folks. Coqui Fire Cafe is now officially our favorite restaurant and we cannot wait to come back.

Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

Stopped in with family for dinner based upon TA reviews and was not disappointed. Location on TA map is not accurate, you need to go west a couple of blocks. Parking on street was easy and the hostess/owner was very welcoming. Sat outside and enjoyed the summer breeze during dinner. The chips and salsa were great. The guacamole was spectacular. My wife and I had a margarita and they were good. For the entrées, my wife and daughter had the Big Kahuna burritos and they were BIG. My other daughter and son had the steak tacos and they were very good. I opted for the special which was a ribeye in a mole sauce. The sauce and seasoning was quite good but the cut of meat was a bit fatty even for a ribeye. We had a slice of the chipotle cheesecake and it was unique. The kids devoured the chocolate cheese cake instead.

Overall the food is very good and very fresh. I'd highly recommend if you are nearby. It is a small place so go early or get a reservation.

Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

Had to stop since trip advisor had this place rated as 1- and it was well worth the visit. My family and I had a variety of items from the menu- carnitas ( amazing), burritos, tacos and enchiladas - the portion sizes were huge, the food was fresh, service was quick and friendly! Chef came out to make sure meal was adequate! Definitely ask for the variety of Coqui Fire sauces if you have not tried them- great compliment to the dinner! We had the Mango Garlic cheesecake- sounds strange- but the flavors blend together for a delicious dessert. Coqui Fire is a great addition to the island- and will definitely be a frequent stop for us!

Reviewed 12 July 2014

Carnitas is all you have to say this is what you want to order no matter what your used to this is out of this world. I went with a group of 9 we all tried different dishes and shared wich were all excellent but every single one of us almost cried with joy when we took a bite of the carnitas. The phantom gourmet needs to visit this place and let them know between their amazing service, well informed waitress and waiters, great atmosphere and the best signature dish I have ever tasted that this is the new hidden jem. Try it once you won't go anywhere elts to eat the whole time your on the island I thanked them over and over again for one of the best experiences at a restaurant I have ever had over all the 5 star restaurants I have tried living in boston and all over the world.