“Best drinks on the island!”
Review of Tin Box

Tin Box
Price range: US$8 - US$20
Cuisines: Barbecue, Seafood, Bar
Good for: View
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Original Sushi Bar and Smokehouse in a tree house setting, overlooking organic gardens. Open Tuesday-Sunday, 4 PM - 10 PM.
Reviewed 8 June 2014

We found tinbox while casually exploring the island, and let me tell you we found a gem. We were energetically greeted at the door by the bartender who quickly became a friend. We decided to dine at the bar and received excellent service and insider tips about the island. The BBQ was fantastic and the water melon margaritas paired exquisitely. Definitely not a spot to miss!

2  Thank Peachmoney

Reviewed 28 May 2014

We visited Tin Box a couple of times during our trip. Parking is simple and the restaurant has very scenic views of a little valley and area where they grow a lot of the produce they use. We were there for both Brunch and Lunch. Their drinks are very unique and refreshing--well matched to the climate. You can't really go wrong with any of the food here. Great location, convenient and friendly.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

We dined overlooking the jungle with the restaurant's garden below - we even watched the waitress harvest a papaya. I started the meal with a round of oysters from Virginia, Maryland and Washington. They were all really good and so fresh and mild I couldn't choose which one was the best. My wife had a salad with greens from the garden. It was simple but good. We had fresh watermelon drinks. For the entrees we had the BBQ ribs and chicken platters. We finished the meal with chocolate creme brûlée. All-in-all it was an extremely fun and memorable meal, and I would definitely recommend!

Reviewed 25 May 2014

This treehouse setting was so fun! They were closed the first 4 days of our visit, but thankfully opened again! We loved the fresh, creative dishes! Plenty of gluten free options for us were found here!!

Reviewed 16 May 2014

We went to the Tin Box for lunch. The atmosphere was great and so was the service. It is set on the side of a hill surrounded by trees, so if you sit in the back, you can overlook their gardens.

The chef is a nice guy. One of the waitresses looks very much like Maggie from the Walking Dead. I wanted to get a picture with her, but then I did not want to creep her out. :) Our waitress was professional and accommodating.

The food was very good. Their baked beans are the best that I ever had. The portion was a teaser that came with my meal. Now that I know the beans are that good, I'll order a whole bowl next time.

The place gave off a Hard Rock Cafe sort of vibe, which I enjoyed. I was told to try their Bad A$$ Bacon. It was okay but not impressive. I recommend skipping it for something else. Like the baked beans!

We will be back!