“Long wait and reasonable food”
Review of Restaurante Sabores - CLOSED

Restaurante Sabores
Cuisines: Puerto Rican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 25 March 2014 via mobile

We waited an hour for our food. We went with the understanding that there may be a wait, but an hour for what seemed to be a pretty straightforward order is too long

We read the reviews, so we did not order appetizers, and we were ready to order promptly after arriving.

The fish was good, but request the sauce on the side. The fish was served on top of the accompanying salad, topped with a lot of marinara sauce. Too much sauce and the salad did not hold up well with warm marinara. Keep it simple sauce on the side and you will have a nice piece of fish as well as an edible salad!

My husband ordered the mofongo with chicken. It was tasty, but the chicken was tough.

So there, proceed with caution.

All the wait staff was excellent, but overworked. Bar tending, waiting tables, and bussing.

Reviewed 23 March 2014

We loved the steak mofongo with garlic sauce. The portions are huge. My husband and I could have easily shared a dinner.

Reviewed 15 March 2014 via mobile

Finding this place can be kind of difficult, but it is worth the effort. We are here two of the nights we were on Vieques. We had the fish ceviche and the seafood mofongo. SPLIT THEM!! They huge. They have a marinara sauce as an option and would recommend that over the other sauces as the others are good, but incredibly rich. The sangria was excellent (and I'm not big on sangria because of the sweetness...but this was a "subtle" sweet). The service was great, as well.

Reviewed 3 March 2014

outstanding local dish, monfongo. I highly recommend. Difficult to find as there is no outside sign. its right next to the Bee Hive. Definitely worth the effort to find if you like Monfongo!!

Reviewed 2 March 2014

The lobster in the mofongo I had was tough and my wife was sick all night after eating there. Other at our table had a better experience.