“Absolutely Delicious!”

Dining options: Reservations
Seattle, Washington
“Absolutely Delicious!”
Reviewed 26 July 2014

This place does not look like much from the outside but inside it is so very cozy, quaint and charming. It is tastefully decorated with impeccable service making it super comfortable. The food was so delicious with a great variety that would be sure to please anyone. Be sure to stop in this restaurant! Salud!

Visited July 2014

New York
“Best in Isabel II”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Ate there twice. Each meal was delicious. Service was pleasant and casual. The dorado was superb. Its sauce was particularly good. Chocolate cake was incredible.

• Visited February 2014
Denver, Colorado
“Concierge said, "It's my #1" but....”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

I had requested a reservation here because Billy, a former military contractor who works for Blackbeard at the "W" Hotel, said they had "the best" mofongo on the island. And Billy impresses as one who enjoys his food and drink! So I requested the reservation and was told by the concierge (Yaritza Colon, who did an outstanding job several times for us) "It's my #1"--meaning she really liked that restaurant. So between what Billy said and what she said, off we went (via a $10 taxi as it's in Isabel 2, the nearest town). We entered to a small, well lit room that appeared clean, if not "fancy" in any way. We were quickly greeted by Joseph who became our host, waiter, and bartender. He brought menus and asked about drinks. As it turns out, the wine list is pretty non-existent. I really don't recall exactly but I believe there are only a couple different wines by the glass and not higher end ones at that. I had a $4 Presidente beer and the lady a $7 glass of "red wine". For dinner she had the famous mofongo and while she could not begin to finish the large serving, said it was excellent. I had grouper which was tasty but I did not rave about it quite the way she did the night before at El Quenepo (we had dinner there the night before--see my separate review. On the other hand, we spent less than 25% at Sabores what we did at El Quenepo. One is a fancy, well regarded restaurant; the other a place to go for good food without the "extras")

I really should have no complaints about the meal. We got exactly what we asked for--a place that serves good food native to Puerto Rico and was a "regular place", not a fancy restaurant. But, in truth, we enjoy a nice wine with dinner and that simply is not available here.

• Visited May 2014
Canovanas, Puerto Rico
“Super over priced !!”
Reviewed 14 May 2014

After walking in and not being greated by anyone, a gentlemen approached us and took us to be seated outside in the back. Very loud music was being played and we were the only ones there. After looking at the menu we saw the chicken mofongo for $23 each which was way to expensive for a rather cheap looking restaurant. My girlfriend and I looked at each other and agreed to order it anyways as we were really hungry and said that the portion should be really big given the price. After 1 hour wait, we recieved our meal to realize how modest of a portion each were. At this point i said ok, the price could be in the taste! Wrong again. Very little chicken inside, toooo much tomatoe sauce which looked more like a soup than a Mofongo. Overall, very terrible and dissapointing first and last visit. Two small chicken mofongos and two sprites for $55 not including tip!!!. I should expect this from an upscale restaurant but not this hole in the wall. Not recomended.

• Visited April 2014
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Holy Mofongo!!!”
Reviewed 11 May 2014

My wife and I ate here after reading reviews and multiple recommendations by locals - it was amazing. The service was a bit slow as stated in many of the other reviews but the food was fresh and delicious. No outside sign, so good luck finding it! We had the lobster Mofongo - which probably had a half pound of lobster on it and my wife is still talking about how great it was. I had the grouper ajillo (garlic sauce) and it was one of the best fish dishes that I have ever had. Would highly recommend visiting this restaurant!

• Visited May 2014