“Owner went out of her way to make our trip fantastic!”
Review of SeaGate Hotel

SeaGate Hotel
Reviewed 13 October 2010

The owner picked us up at the ferry dock and took all 10 of us to her hotel. The hotel sits on a hill on a very pretty piece of property. There was a free breakfast every morning that was delicious. The owner was very helpful and provided us with everything that we needed during our stay! The rooms were very nice and they have a beautiful view. Our whole family enjoyed her place very much!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for SeaGate Hotel

Reviewed 16 July 2010

Penny and Lawrence were great! They picked us up and dropped us off every time we needed and u can rent a car from them, Lawrence knows so much about the island and will help you out with just about anything. I got stranded at the ferry with my husband and 3 children after I checked out and they picked me up so my children and I would not have to wait in the heat all the day for tickets and they let us stay no questions asked. I am so thankful for there help. The rooms are very nice and clean and they also have breakfast in the morning which I was pleased about. The Island and the beaches I'm still dreaming about I did'nt want to leave Sunbay and Red beach were my fav's. Next time I'll stay longer then a weekend!!! Sea Gate is really a great place to stay.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 May 2010

Penny and Lawerence are great! We had to leave our vacation house early, on the mainland. Lawrence helped our family get three comfortable rooms, picked us up at the ferry, drove us to dinner, top notch recs. Penny even picked us up because it was raining! They were very accomodating with us, especially on a short notice. They helped us find a great beach to relax on, after a whirlwind of a week. I would definetley stay here again.

Reviewed 27 April 2010

Looking out over a valley surrounded by San Francisco like hills without the populace and seeing the ocean, I was the caballero. I felt like a 10 year old boy again catching lizards, travelling in my unbeatable suzuki warrior down dirt roads to paradise. underwater snorkeling within two minutes showed my 8 year old clown fish, blue tangs, and star fish. The fish in Esparanza were delicious and the people so friendly. We thought we were lost at one point - "May _I_ help you?" an old man immediately asked... The downtown in Isabella had one extremely impressionable art gallery. My wife laughed watching the boy and I hunt crab, lizards and shells.

At night, a fan kept us cool enough and washed out the noise of the clucking, whinnies and barks. Seeing wild horses and dogs that were healthy enough and happy enough was very pleasurable for us all. It reminds one of a miniature, manageable, "Romancing the stone".

There was a restaraunt in Isabella whose name I don't remember. It had a rosary and a bullwhip inside the front door. It was around the corner from the pet shop and across from a convenience-grocery-general store. The cook's name was Victor. Wow - awesome wahoo wahoo.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank mankatob
Reviewed 14 April 2010

I can't stop thinking about this island.It was absolutely gorgeous!!Penny,her husband,Lawrence and Irma made staying at the Sea Gate wonderful.Penny's husband even took us to the grocery store so we could get food before they closed...super sweet!!Lawrence was super laid back and Irma was just such a sweetie.Penny seems like an amazing woman!!My girls really enjoyed the horseback ride and exploring the island in our rented Suzuki which was so convenient to get!Our cottage was great,with a full kitchen and the view was amazing.Our days were filled with an ice chest of goodies and Medalla Light and exploring the beaches of this beautiful island.We can't wait to come back,my husband and I are in love with this place!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 March 2010

As an avid horseback rider, it has been one of my goals to gallop along the beach... it took 26 years years to accomplish this goal... but I found my place at Sea Gate in PR. The scenery was beautiful, the guides were wonderful, horses were lovely and well behaved, but fun. They were able to accommodate both experienced riders and more timid riders within our group simultaneously. We had a blast and will never forget what a lovely time we had. We would have ridden there every day if our trip plans allowed. It was affordable and well worth the money, a good 2 1/2 hour ride through the trails that resembled the jungle, up the roads of the city and to the beach... love this place"

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 March 2010

Vieqes is a great island! This fact is supported by the wondeeful people my wife and I met there. We only stayed one night, mainly to take the Bio-Luminesent Bay ECO Tour. I contacted many hotel/motel/B&B's but The Seagate responded quickly and was able to answer my questions. I was able to not only secure a room at a very reasonable price but The SeaGate was able to reserve a spot for my wife and I on the ECO Tour with Island Adventures (Great Company!!). In hind sight and as a suggestion to all reading this review rent a car...at least 2 weeks ahead of time!!! We were a little unnerved by the publicos and their "lights out after dark policy" (no taxis at night). Back to the SeaGate, wonderful people went out of thier way to drive us around! Just amazing! Room was spotless, beautifully decorated and a wonderful terrace overlooking the water and the Fort Conde de Mirasol in all of its grandure. Off the beaten path and up a hill a tad and well worth the trek up the hill. There are a few animals running around and I knew this going in. Be prepard for dogs, chickens, horses and iguanas, a real treat! It really added to the atmosphere here on Vieques. One of the best side trips on vacation I have experienced. SeaGate thank you for making our vacation truly enjoyable! We will come back and see you again!!!!!!

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple