“Pretty darn tasty”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Atlanta, Georgia
“Pretty darn tasty”
Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

Since we stayed at the W for 8 days, we ate at Sorce numerous times. I would say with the exception of one off day, where a dish I had previously ordered was a bit of a mess, the food was pretty tasty. It is a resort restaurant on a small island so naturally the prices are a bit more expensive, but still on par with what you'd expect.

The best part of our meals at Sorce was Nenan, an awesome server, who made each experience awesome. If you save room for dessert, do yourself a favor and order the passion fruit sponge cake. It's magic on a plate and the shining star of the whole menu. You won't be disappointed.

• Visited June 2014

Chicago
“Decidedly mediocre”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

There is no compelling reason for you to eat here. Even if you are staying at the W and are 20 seconds from the restaurant, do not waste your time. The tuna poke was the most bland thing we've eaten in the last 2 years, and the entrees were uninspired. It was truly a disappointing way to spend a bunch of money.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Chris D
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Javal is the best!”
Reviewed 5 April 2014

The food and dinner service at Sorce was great. But what really made our nights there special was our waiter Javal. We were here on our honeymoon and he was the only person at this resort who was interested in making us feel special on our honeymoon!

Visited April 2014
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio, United States
“Very disappointed.”
Reviewed 3 April 2014

We stayed at the W and had breakfast at Sorce and it was a horrible experience. The service was SO slow and that is the worst because you just want to be on the beach and the food wasn't good. I had eggs Benedict and my boyfriend had the mexican type dish and he didn't like it. The potatoes with my eggs benedict tasted stale. The experience was so bad we never wanted to try it for dinner. However, I did come back for breakfast because I just wanted a fresh fruit plate and I figured it couldn't be bad and it was TERRIBLE. Also, they took forever just to give me a menu and water. The fruit was not fresh and tasted horrible.

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank Chelsea C
Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
“Get full off the view!”
Reviewed 2 April 2014

My husband and I were really disappointed with Sorce because this is our 2nd time at the W. The first time we visited in 2012 and our favorite activity every morning was breakfast by the sea. They had homemade jam then served with your fresh croissant order and the coffee was brewed through a French press. There was something so comforting and home away from home about that experience and they even offered morning papers such as the New York Times. This time it has been replaced with a continental breakfast buffet and everything felt very manufactured. The food is best described as hotel now but the view is still beautiful. If you don't feel like driving out, eat the view but expect to pay a lot for it.

P.S. For dinner, make sure you have a reservation or just drive out to Esperanza. Would probably be more worth your time and money.

• Visited April 2014