“We'll be back!”
Review of Acacia Guesthouse

Acacia Guesthouse
Ranked #14 of 28 Isla de Vieques B&B and Inns
Reviewed 13 February 2013

We had a wonderful 2 week stay here with our 2 year old. The apartment was clean and comfortable. Jose, the owner, is very helpful and sweet. It was really lovely. Although we spent very little time in the apartment--all day every day at the beaches--there are some highlights: well stocked and clean kitchen; stunning views from the roof deck; perfect distance-not too far not too close to the malecon in Esperanza; and of course a sweet and helpful host. Can't wait to come back!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 24 January 2013

The apartment we rented was clean, bright, and spacious, with lots of room for myself and my two friends. Jose was a wonderful and gracious host and had wonderful travel suggestions. I would highly recommend the views from the roof at sunset. If I return to Vieques I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 January 2013

It was a great pleasure to arrive at Acacia after having traveled around on the main island and Culebra. The 3-story building sits on top of a hill on the edge of Esperanza. The apartment I stayed in was really spacious for a solo traveler, bigger than some apartments I've lived in! It was tastefully furnished and the kitchen was well equipped for meals. The place was clean and the windows let in a great breeze. There is also a small balcony area in front of the unit for hanging out, and a roof deck with panoramic views. I loved that Acacia was a short walk to the main strip of Esperanza, but not right on it. The only noises you'll hear are the neighborhood, roosters (which crow at all hours, so bring ear plugs), and the frogs and insects at night. It was also an easy walk to the Green Store for supplies.

The best part of Acacia was the hospitality of my host, Jose, who sat down with me and gave me a detailed overview of the town and things to do. He went above and beyond to make sure my stay was comfortable and was really pleasant to talk to. He has two very nice dogs as well. When it was time for me to move on to the next guest house (somehow the timing worked out so that I had to stay at two different places on Vieques), he helped me get a ride over there. I didn't love Vieques as much as I did Culebra, but one of the nicest things about Vieques was staying at this place, which felt like a home away from home. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank mangobing
Reviewed 8 December 2012

We stayed here on the recommendation of a friend. We (my boyfriend and I) stayed in one of the studio rooms. It was a great little space for our four night in Vieques. The room is clean ,comfortable and air-conditioned. The small kitchen is fine for cooking some meals.

The location in Esperanza was great. Only a few blocks to the restaurants. It's also a short walk to the Green Store to pick up some groceries (although it's better to go to one of the larger stores on the other side of the island).

My only complaints: the bathroom (especially the shower) is tiny, so it's kind of hard to move around in there. Also, there are no window coverings on three sides of room, so the sun pours in in the morning.

I would definitely stay here again and recommend it to friends. A great little place and a good value.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 October 2012

My wife and I traveled to Vieqeus in October of 2011. We went to Vieques to get away from everything and Acacia fit perfectly into that plan. Acacia Guesthouse is not located on or near the main strip in Esperanza, but rather at the very top of the town on the North end. We like this because it got us away from the noise and commotion of the bars. Because of the space around Acacia, the nights are amazing. The coquis chirp by the thousands all night long, it felt like we were sleeping in the jungle with the noises and open air feel. All of the windows can be cranked open, exposing 3 walls of solid screens. The noise and the breeze that flowed through the apartment was amazing. The apartment was well stocked with all the cooking supplies we could ever need. We were able to save some money and cook in the apartment instead of paying for sub par overpriced food at the bars and restaurants. The owner was amazing and very helpful. When we go back we will stay at Acacia again.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 October 2012 via mobile

We booked our efficiency apartment thinking the guesthouse was only one block from the Malecon. Wrong! It's a long 4 block walk past a filthy public park, a rotting dead rooster, horse dung in the streets and 2 angry dogs that tried to bite us. There is a grocery store a block away but the store and its staff are our of a B grade horror movie. All that said, our host Jose and his dog Mimosa were delightful and the guesthouse is spotless and well equipped.

• Stayed: October 2012
2  Thank GustoGringo
Reviewed 18 October 2012

Acacia Guesthouse is a wonderful place to stay in Vieques. It is conveniently located near all the restaurants, bars, and beaches. The owner was extremely helpful with all of our questions which added a lot of value to our trip. Thank you! We can't wait to return to Vieques and we will definitely stay at Acacia!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple