“Peace with a Stunning View on Vieques”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Isla de Vieques
Vieques Villa Gallega A-16-N
Reviewed 2 June 2007

My wife and I stayed at Villa Gallega for 5 days in the suite in the lower level of the house. Area rugs were placed on the cool tile floors. There is a mini-fridge, with a mediterranean-style bathroom and toilet. Next to that is an open closet/dressing area. A large porch with seating is accessible through patio doors. The property was ringed by vegetation, and is quiet. On a couple of mornings we saw a neighbor's cow walk by below the property line.

The house has beautiful, clean, modern architecture with a huge marble-floored, great room (living room, dining area, and kitchen) that opens out on two sides out to a large deck through giant patio doors with shutters that can keep out the sun and heat during the day. The deck is ringed by sets of cables, instead of slats, so that when you're enjoying a drink on the deck (or in the great room), you have a clear, unobstructed view. (We don't recommend this space for young or undisciplined children, as there are wide spaces between the cables.) The view is stunning! You look out over the green hillside below and out to the azure water in the distance. We spent one peaceful night sitting out on the deck watching a dramatic lightning and cloud show out over the water moving slowly from neighboring Culebra Island. (Although there is a large flat screen TV/DVD player and stereo in the great room, this natural show was better than anything we could have seen on the ol' tube!) Finally, there is a hottub just below the deck level for a relaxing soak if you get a little cool in the evening.

There are two bedrooms and a bath on the main level as well as a bedroom and bath on the upper level (which has another deck w/ another fantastic view). The house is located along a narrow partially paved road on a hill. The parking space is tight, but nothing unmanageable. There are security cameras around the house perimeter, although we never felt unsafe on the island. It's a friendly, low key place.

• Stayed: August 2006, travelled with family
6  Thank dford

Reviewed 24 May 2007

We spent about 2 weeks at Villa Gallega, renting the whole place. The Villa is finely furnished, not cluttered, modern and very clean. If you expect antiques, this is not the place for you. Villa Gallega is a New York Loft transported on a small Island. Everything worked out perfectly from the welcoming service to the housekeeping. We loved the art, and the breathtaking views. The house made us think of an Art Gallery in Soho or Chelsea. We appreciate the small refreshment package and felt at home. We will book it for next year. The furniture are minimal, modern, the beds are comfortable, and most of the fixtures and furniture pieces are by Italian notorious modern designers. The price is really honest and fair. The welcoming team is polite, joyful and well mannered. Do not turn AC, the Hot Tub and the washer and Dryer, we learned that in Vieques the electric power is poor. Great surround sound by Bose, top of the Line High Definition Plasma TV and good collection of DVDs and stored digital movies.

• Stayed: April 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
3  Thank MMiglietta
Reviewed 23 May 2007

Just back from a long weekend in Vieques. Beautiful Island and a beautiful house. It has the more spectacular views I could have imagined, even the bathroom has a view of the ocean! Great in the morning for coffee on the deck and great views of clouds passing over the island at night.

The house was super clean (except for the sand we brought in from the beach :)) and with plenty of room to spread out and really relax.

When renting a car, make sure to rent a Jeep of some sort as ALL the roads to the beaches are less than what you find on the touristy islands. You definetly can't get to the most beautfiul parts of the island in a sports car....

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
4  Thank LeftyNyc
Reviewed 28 February 2007

My name is Mark, I went to A-16-N Villa gallega because someone told me about some sort of good energy about this house. Well it is absolutely true, the people working there, Ivan, Joey, Milly and this 'ELF' that Ivan told about to my son made us not just enjoy the place but book it for next year.
The Villa is immaculate, we had complimentary soft drinks awaiting us in the refrigerator, high quality espresso cartridges to be used with this machines they have only in airport launges, maid service. Villa Gallega is a home, with that home feel, but at the same time a place I could continue to write my book.
The house is quiet, peaceful, private, close to sun bay and all the other beatiful beaches, I felt pampered and I highly reccomend this place.
Contact me if you want more information, I have no problem sharing the experience at A-16-N Villa Gallega.
Marco

Stayed: February 2007
5  Thank MarcosMatos
Reviewed 1 October 2006

I returned to New York after about 3 weeks paid vacation to Vieques. My company rented the whole Villa Gallega for me. Ivan came to pick me up at the airport, he is cordial, well informed, professional and always happy. This villa have spectacular views and an energy I did not feel anywhere else. My car was parked in the parking lot, the refrigerator had complimentary drinks, evian water and a full pack of Lavazza cafe. This villa have a special and simple to use espresso machine, the same one I normally see at Delta and British Airways lounges. Great coffee. I managed to continue working on my book, keep in touch with my family and my office via the global phone and the wireless T1 super fast internet. I relaxed at night in the jacuzzi and gave couple of parties. The villa is just in the perfect spot., quiet, relaxing and extremely private. I was there to write a script and I did not really want to be disturbed. No traffic and no noise at all.
The maid service came every other day as per my request and I even got a scooter to get around as requested.

I called the Icarus office in New York and they promptly organized a weekly massage, the masseur was just fantastic and very reasonable. Before coming home I had a spanish chef cooking for em and few friends a paella, it was the best paella I ever had.

I booked the Villa for next year already, this Villa is just a piece of art.

Thanks Francesca Romana

• Stayed: July 2006, travelled solo
7  Thank FrancscaRomana
Reviewed 3 August 2006

We are a young couple of movie directors /producers, we heard about Vieques by some friend at MTV that rented this Villa Gallega last year and believe the house cured his anxiety. I contacted the Villa agents in New York and booked 2 weeks in june. We got the whole house. Ivan came to pick us up at the airport and drove us to the car rental, then escorted us to the house. He is friendly, always happy and gave us so many clues about the island, friendly and polite. He told us he is the good Elf of the house. The first amazing positive impression was from the views, the second the vibe that this house has. This house has a special positive energy, maybe the light, maybe the owner's paintings, maybe the floors, something is magic and very positive about this house. We went to the beach almost every day, and finish up the script for our new movie. They have these incredible espresso machine by Lavazza that we only saw at the Le Navi Launge last year in Rome. It makes espresso using special cartridges and it is alway perfect, a good kickstart and definitely a little luxury that we appreciate. Great music, big plasma TV, internet, nothing is missing, it was like being in New York but without concrete, noise, traffic and craziness. What I love is that the house is not cluttered and jammed with furniture and stuff and that is ELEGANT but not pretencious. Nice furnitures, elegant and modern, and really very clean, private and peaceful.
We, rented the whole house, we like our privacy, well it was worth the money and we booked for next year.
We recomend Villa Gallega to those looking for peace, privacy good vibes and appreciate quality.
Kathia

Stayed: June 2006
4  Thank KathiaDiDente
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 24 June 2006

Just back from Vieques and cannot wait to go back. We choose to stay at Villa Gallega and we are so glad we did, we had to force ourselves to leave the house to go and see the island and enjoy the beaches which are out of this world. My husband and I went to Vieques for a much needed getaway.

As soon as we drove into the house, we said "WOW we''ll never leave". We are frequent travelers and we are very picky. The house was very clean, with tasteful decor and everything we needed to feel right at home. The owner is an artist, his paintings are on the house and it gives a the villa a very happy and magical feeling.

The villa was designed to maximize views from every corner of the house which are breathtaking. You truly feel as if you are suspended in the air, you feel part of the island and the ocean pulls you to it. You can see 180 degrees views of the island but it feels as if the island cannot see you. For us privacy and quiet is a big requirement during our vacations and VIlla Gallega provided that just perfectly.

The villa is equipped with top of the line stereo and a wonderful music library, Plasma tv, and a Lavazza Expresso machine (we cleaned up the coffee at the villa.)

When back from the beach, we sat at the deck after enjoying a nice dinner on the deck with ocean views and then sat on one of the various decks of the house to enjoy THOSE MAGNIFICENT views. At night, we simply enjoyed each other and the surroundings on the jacuzzi under the bright starry skies, enjoyed the moment and awaited for our next relaxing yet exciting day at Villa Gallega and the island.

We highly recommend Villa Gallega, the owner is great, the staff are very friendly and made sure the house was perfect for our arrival and while we were there.

I will see you all next year, can't wait to get there again. Thanks to all the staff at Villa Gallega, it was wonderful having your beautiful villa for one week.

8  Thank A TripAdvisor Member