Casa de Kathy
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Malecon House(Isla de Vieques)
El Blok Hotel(Esperanza)
  • Breakfast included
Hacienda Tamarindo(Isla de Vieques)
View Hotel
Bravo Beach Hotel(Isla de Vieques)
Hotel Kokomo(Culebra)
  • Free Internet
  • Breakfast included
  • Beachfront
  • Pool
All reviewstwo bedroom apartmentbio bayisland historyextremely knowledgeable about the islandfresh papayagreat informationtwo blocksminute walkwell equipped kitchenel maleconbeach chairsblack sand beachanswer any questionshome away from homethe main dragsun baywonderful stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 March 2014

I spent a week on Vieques,and it was paradise.Casa de Kathy was perfect. I rented Kathy's studio and it was very clean and comfortable.It is about a 20 minutes walk to the public beach. I rented one of her mountain bikes and checked all 7 beaches on the South side of the island out.My favorite by far was Blue Beach. About 45 minutes on the bike.Chrystal clear water and very few people. Black sand beach was also incredible but a little harder to get to. I did not rent a car ahead of time and there were none to be had while I was there.But the bike was great and taxis and public transportation are very reasonable.El Quenepo was my favorite restaurant. Excellent Red Snapper. Bili's and Trade Winds are also very good.Kathy is the perfect host and she made the Vieques experience unforgettable!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 March 2014

This was our second trip to Vieques, and we once again stayed at Casa de Kathy, only this time we stayed in the 2 BR apartment instead of the smaller studio apartment. For two people, the apartment affords lots of room and has many amenities to meet most, if not all, of your needs from fans in every room (it cooled down enough at night that the supplied AC was not necessary) to filtered water in the fridge and even some games and puzzles for evening entertainment! Kathy, your hostess, also keeps a supply of beach equipment that one can borrow as needed. Her location in Esperanza is near a bakery and variety/grocery store (easy walking distance) and also not far from all the island's southern beaches and restaurants. We had a wonderful time, and, Lord willing, we'll be able to travel back there soon!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Kim K
Reviewed 13 February 2014

A great location base for numerous activities on Vieques. All I needed was the small Casita. When I wasn't sleeping, I spent my time outdoors; mostly bicycling throughout the island or occasionally catching up on work via my laptop on the main deck with views of the ocean. Kathy is very knowledgeable about Vieques and its people. She's a great source of information about destinations and activities on the island. My favorite location was snorkeling at Playa de la Chiva. A word of warning to light sleepers: Be prepared for the late night and very early morning rooster calls. Chickens abound in the neighborhood and throughout the island.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 February 2014

The 2 BR apartment was spacious, comfortable, everything we needed for a GREAT week on Vieques. The location was wonderful - quiet neighborhood, but only a 10 minute walk from "downtown" Esperanza. About a 20 minute walk to Sun Bay Beach. It is possible to walk to Sun Bay beach, Half Moon Beach (a longish walk) and Navio Beach (very ambitious walk) from Kathy's. Kathy was friendly, very knowledgeable and helpful. Great beach towels and there were chairs & coolers and even an umbrella there to use for the beach. The kitchen was well equipped and there are two grocery stores within a short walk.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 January 2014

Just got back from staying at Casa de Kathy's in Vieques. The apartment had everything we needed and Kathy was there to answer all questions. It's just a few minutes walk from the lovely town. We rented a Jeep to get to the Fish and Wildlife Reserve beaches, which were beautiful. Our 4 night stay couldn't have been better; very relaxing.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple