“Reasonable and very nice.”

Tropical Guest House
Puerto Rico
“Reasonable and very nice.”
Reviewed 22 August 2007

The place is very nice and clean and the breakfast great especially the pancakes . Joe and Maria are excellent hosts.
We highly recommend Tropical Guest House.
Julio & Bethel

Stayed July 2007

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
watergod
Reviewed 22 August 2007

The tropical guest house was the perfect place to stay on vieques. A great place to ret your head after exploring the island.
Maria and Joe could not have been better hosts. (Not to mention, Joe's pancakes always leave you wanting more.)
The environment and the location were everything we wanted for our spring getaway from boston.

• Liked — the hospitality was amazing
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled with friends
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 22 August 2007

I had a great time at the Tropical Guest House. Maria was more than helpful in my trip to Vieques. She not only waited until I arrived from the ferry at 1030 at night, but also told me where to go and what to see in Vieques. Additionally, she even helped me find a rental car to drive around the island. I was very pleased with my stay at the hotel. You will not find a hotel anywhere with owners that are as nice and helpful as Maria and Joe. I would definetely stay the the Tropical Guest House again.

• Liked — The owners (Maria and Joe)
  • Disliked — Location
  • Stayed June 2006, travelled solo
Massachusetts
Reviewed 21 August 2007

I stayed here for few days with a group of graduate students. We were treated kindly, we ate great food, listened to great music, and had fun. The owners were very hospitable, and i would definitely go again. It is also in walking distance to El Museo Fuerte Conde de Mirasol.

Stayed May 2007
puerto rico
Reviewed 21 August 2007

Tropical guest house has great prices. The rooms are clean and comfortable. They are not luxury rooms. They have hot water, ac, good beds and are near everything. Tropical is a great place to rest and recharge.
Owners treat you like friends. They will hint you on things to do and places to go. They are even kind enough to lend me the vacuum to clean the jeep prior to retuning it.
I will return to Tropical on my next trip.

• Liked — Staff / service
  • Disliked — intenet
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled with friends
Waltham, Massachusetts
Reviewed 2 May 2007

My wife and I stayed at the Tropical Guest House in April 2007. We had the most wonderful experience during the time of our stay there. The owner's of the guest house, Maria and Joe, are the nicest couple we have ever come across. They went out of their way to make our stay comfortable and enjoyable. They not only gave us a ride to one of the beaches but had also prepared a cake to celebrate my wife's bday when we returned from the beach. What great hospitality!!!!!!!

The Guest House is only a 10 min walk from the ferry station and is very well maintained.

We highly recommend Tropical Guest House if you visit the beautiful island of Vieques. We for sure will be staying there when we go to Vieques next.

Stayed April 2007
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 18 April 2007

I just returned from Vieques where we stayed at the Tropical Guest House. Joe and Maria are just wonderful people!!! I didn't know what to expect but these two went out of their way over and beyond to make sure that we had a comfortable trip. The rooms were very clean and the hospitality was just remarkable. The guest house is walking distance to downtown and other places. I really miss these two already. I feel like they are old friends now. Joe makes great drinks by the way. And Maria is a little ball of sunshine everyday. If you're looking for great people, comfortable stay, you cannot go wrong here. I would stay there again anytime with no problem.

• Liked — Clean, Safe area, Customer Service
  • Stayed April 2007, travelled with family