“On the water”

Flamboyan
Toledo, Ohio
“On the water”
Reviewed 21 March 2013

A little noisey till Duffy's closes. Nice location, Duffy's is a good place to eat. Everything worked out perfect, and was what I expected. I slept good. Nice having balcany over looking the ocean. Coffee available without going out.

Room Tip: Corner room you get air form both sides.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Christiansted, St. Croix
Reviewed 14 March 2013

I had visited this Guest House a few years ago, while I had lovely time, the improvements are notable! The Manageress, Donna, is a delightful hostess. Her attentive presence made me feel welcome, safe and at home. She directed me, and even helped me find the phone numbers for the tours I was interested in. The trip to the biolum bay was truly magical, imagine kayaking amongst the stars! The food downstairs @ Duffy's is so good that I found myself eating there both lunch and dinner. The "specials" change daily and include delicious soups, one of my favorites was Cajun Shark Soup washed down with a margarita creation made with organic habeneros. The next day I had the Asian Noodle Salad with shrimp and scallops with a Parcharita, a passion fruit concoction that blended perfectly with my meal. The joy of just walking upstairs and climbing into bed to read a bit after my meal, completed my perfect vacation get away. Great price, clean, beach across street, food downstairs it all worked for me.

Room Tip: Ask for ocean view balcony
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank travelerSt_Croix
Texas
Reviewed 13 March 2013

I say enough about the hopsitality provided to us by Ms. Donna! Great room, great view, great sleep, very clean and I could go on. You can dine at Duffy's downstairs, which is owned by Donna's Son. You will get the same great hospitality there as well, not to mention great food!
By the time we checked in and went downstairs to the restaurant they already knew our names! Now that is serivce.

I will never forget our stay on this wonderful Island.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
East Palo Alto, California
Reviewed 11 March 2013

We stayed at Flamboyan for the last day of our three night stay in Esperanza. The location is right next to Bananas and just as good.

Donna, the proprietor, is the mom of the guy who runs Duffy's (downstairs) so its all in the family. She is super kind and caring and always wants to ensure that her guests are well taken care off. I remember her walking from Guest house to Guest house to see if a guests from her Hotel could stay an additional night somewhere on the island.

We had Room five which was the only room with no view of the Beach. It also was quite loud due to a Generator Humming in the background. This did not bother my dad or myself as it was quite soothing in a Grey Tone kind of way.

Everything else, beds, showers etc.. was just as expected. no problems here.

Bonus, free Coffee/Tea and a private Sunset viewing area on the downstairs patio.

Room Tip: Room 5 faces the Back/Side of the building, all other's face the front!
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
San Luis Obispo, California
Reviewed 20 February 2013

The hotel is situated in the heart of Esperanza, on the Malecon. Our room had views of the ocean off the balcony. It was great having my coffee on the balcony gazing at the beautiful view. Donna was a good host and able to provide lots of information. The room itself is just average but was clean. There was pleanty of hot water. There is a restaurant located below, Duffy's that had really good food and service.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jennyfer64
La Ciotat, France
Reviewed 10 February 2013

This place was a great find. It's right in the middle of Malecon and the place to be. Although it's in the middle of the action, the music goes off around 11pm so I had a really good nights sleep. The bed was super comfy, it was clean and the bathroom was a good size. I had my own little patio which faced the sun most of the day and I woke up to a blissful, uninterrupted view accoss the bay. At $95 for my room I though it was quite reasonable - much cheaper than other places. If I had to make a suggestion it would be to serve breakfast and put shower gel in the bathroom. Tea and coffee were free but a light breakfast would have been nice. Thank you Donna, I hope to be back on day!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
Tampa Bay
Reviewed 27 January 2013

We loved seeing the nightly sunset show from the comfort of our own, private patio. Donna, the manager, answered all our questions and made everything so easy. We didn't need a car because we could walk to restaurants (though we mostly ate at Duffy's - yummy!), beaches and shops.

Activities not to miss: bio-bay, of course - what a show - rent a scooter to see all the incredible beaches not within walking distance, visit the restored fort, paddleboarding, snorkling and a sunset sail. All so romantic, just what we dreamed of for our vacation.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple