“Great Dining Experience - an oasis”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of La Cave a Vins - CLOSED

La Cave a Vins
Price range: US$10 - US$26
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Antigua
“Great Dining Experience - an oasis”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

I'd been to this restaurant last year for dinner and again last week for lunch,two days in row. It is like an oasis in the middle of the town. The entrance hall is filled with wine and lovely delights. There is a formal dining room and another with a full sky roof and four- walled mural. The hostess is very charming and sufficient in English.
Now for the food. The menu has both a cold and warm foie gras, very delicious. The first day I had the lobster and the second day the rack of lamb, both were delightful meals that were very well presented, portioned and tasteful. I had the chocolate gateau with mint ice cream for dessert also highly recommended. The wines accompanying the meals one at the suggestion of the hostess and the other chosen were both very complementary and added to the overall satisfaction of the occasion. At the end of each meal the hostess called for the taxis and continued to be very gracious as we awaited arrival of same.
I would look forward to eating there again on subsequent visits to Martinique. Incidentally the restaurant was first chosen for its ranking on Trip Advisor.

• Visited April 2014
4 Thank Sharon C

• Polish first
“Excellent”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

During my visit to Fort De France for the Rotary's District Conference held in Martinique I decided to check this place out with some friends after hearing about it from a friend. The service was excellent.. ambiance was cozy and the food was heavenly.... A little slice of Paris.. I am definitely going again since I have a few more days on the island. Would highly recommend.

• Visited April 2014
3 Thank Kristal R
Laramie, Wyoming
“An exquisite taste of France in the Caribbean”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2014

After a hot day of wandering through the picturesque architecture of Fort de France, what a refreshing treat to stumble into the cool sanctuary of this outstanding French restaurant. Even though the sign says it's open, the door may be locked, so ring the bell to gain admittance into the wine cellar anteroom, then proceed through the formal dining area to the sunsplashed atrium, beautifully adorned with murals of southern French landscapes. We had the foie gras for an appetizer, which was outstanding, followed by the tuna with foie gras (for her, transcendent) and the vanilla-butter dorado (for me, a bit odd honestly for an American palate, reminiscent somehow of pancakes). We're both red wine drinkers, but we went for dry blush wines, chilled to perfection. We finished it off with a delightful cheese plate. It was a meal that rivals any that I've had in France.

The food was so good that I almost forgot the best part: The bathroom. I will say no more -- find out for yourself -- but this was the most surprising and engaging bathroom I have ever seen in any restaurant, anywhere in the world.

• Visited March 2014
3 Thank AdventurousTraveler6
New York City, New York
“A Breath of Paris”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2014

A breath of Paris in downtown Fort de France. The charming proprietress gave us personal attention, sophisticated cuisine and extraordinary wine choices in this small, quiet, excellent restaurant. It was a thoroughly enjoyable evening. It's not inexpensive but in this case we got what we paid for. Recommended without reservation.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Sara O
wisconsin
“great food/service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2013

my wife and i dined there for lunch.our cruise ship was docked in martinique annd we walked to the restaurant and had a wonderful lunch.especially good was the goat cheese salad and the foi gras appetizer.the restaurant has a very nice wine list and we enjoyed a bottle of french bordeaux for $39.one of the best lunches we ever had .this is a great restaurant with gourmet quality food

• Visited February 2013